Topics

computer to stereo

Steve Gomes

I have all of my music as mp3 files on the computer. The computer is
upstairs and the stereo is downstairs in a town house. For about four years
I used an audio engine w3 wireless to send the music down to the stereo. It
would cut out once in a while it wasn't too bad but lately it cut out so
many times that I couldn't stand it and took it out. Then I took an old
computer moved it downstairs put the music on it and used a cable from the
sound card to the stereo. It works fine. This old computer cannot have
access to the internet. Also I like to listen to accuradio. So I can only
listen to my collection. That's okay. When I get a new computer, I will put
my current one down there and hook it to the stereo and wirelessly have it
connect to the modem upstairs. The computer has a little antenna on it so I
think I can use wi-fi to get the internet that way. I wish I could use just
one computer and send the music downstairs but I don't think that is
possible. The town houses are attached and everybody has wi-fi and wireless
everything which interfered with the audio engine. All of this stuff is on
the 2.4 gigahertz band. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could send the
music downstairs without interference? We can't use a long cable. No longer
than ten feet. Also I use winamp 566 to play the music. Is there another
program that you think works better? I have about 18 gigs of it. thank you
very much

Steve Gomes

I am new to this list and sent this yesterday it didn't ge to the list

[...]

Georgina Joyce

Hello Steve,

I believe they have stopped making them but I am sure you would be able to get one from somewhere. I am talking about the Google Chrome Audio Cast. It is a little run disk shaped unit with a 3.5mm socket. Which you can plug into your amplifier. For the money they are excellent sound quality. A great way to stream audio.

I am not sure but an Echo Dot linked to your amplifier would also work if you paired via bluetooth your computer. Sound quality not as good as the audio cast but very reasonable.. You could probably ask the echo to play your favourite radio station. So no computer needed.

Regards,

On 30 Aug 2020, at 22:58, Steve Gomes <finnygomes@q.com> wrote:

[...]

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Jesse Tregarthen

Hello,

Would this distance be too far for a reliable bluetooth signal to travel? I know you can get bluetooth transmitters. I think TPLink makes one. You could connect that to the stereo and connect via bluetooth to the computer. The chrome cast audio is also a good suggestion as noted in the last message as well as an echo dot. Amazon also makes a dedicated device for this called the echo input which I haven't tried but have heard good things about. Hope this helps. Best,
Jesse

Sent from Planet Apple

On Sep 1, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

[...]

Hamit Campos

We'd have to see if his stereo is 30 feet away. Though most blutooth things clame 30 feet I never have much luck with that.

On 9/1/2020 5:53 PM, Jesse Tregarthen wrote:
[...]

Laz

Here are some Bluetooth transmitters/receivers with more than 30 feet of range:

With our Bluetooth items you get instructions from a blind perspective
emailed to you!

For those wishing to get Bluetooth capability on players like the
Victor Stream, Bookport, etc, or those wishing to use Bluetooth with
your stereo, PC, etc, any device with a headphone or Line-in/Line-out
jack, you can get one of our below two transmitters/receivers, the
portable one or the Home version. Both have dual pairing and offer
true aptX Low Latency.

Back instock! Portable Miccus Swivel Jack RTX Bluetooth
transmitter/receiver for just $49.99! Perfect for making your Victor
Stream or any other device with a headphone jack, able to connect to
your Bluetooth headphones or speaker! Connect it to your computer's
USB port and have it come through your Bluetooth headset or speaker!
The receiver side speaks everything from power on through power off!
It boasts a range of 100 Feet and much more...
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Miccus-Swivel-Jack-RTX-Bluetooth-TransmitterReceiver_p_18.html

Miccus Home RTX 2.0 is the home version not designed for portable use.
It can transmit up to 160 feet or more in direct line of sight!
Available right now $5 off for just $54.99!
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-20-Long-Range-Bluetooth-TransmitterReceiver-_p_120.html

Stay well,

Laz

On 9/1/20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
[...]

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121

Steve Gomes

I would say that my stereo is probably 50 feet away from the computer. I am afraid that the sound quality might not be as good. Thank you for this list and I will go review it and see what happens.

[...]

Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121

Ah yeah well I forget how far blu Tooth 5 can go but well how old is the computer? It may not spit out blu tooth 5. Does said adaptor take it though?

On 9/2/2020 3:50 PM, Steve Gomes wrote:
[...]

The computer is a dell enspiron 620 8 years old windows 7.

[...]

Ah yeah I don't keep track of the blu tooth numbers but I could look this PC up. It's dephnitally not 5 though.