Clash Between Braille Display and Voice in Recording

Danny Miles

Hi everyone. I'm trying to record a book narration using GoldWave but
the sound of my display is coming out over the mic ... both the noise
of the pins changing as I move down the document and - more obviously
(it's often louder) - the sound of me pressing the button which moves
the document down by a line at a time. I've tried compression but this
doesn't always remove all of the sounds from the display without
removing the softer parts of my speech, such as the letter K in "look"
and "book". Does anyone have any practical experience of solving an
issue similar to this or any ideas of what I can do? Any help will be
so gratefully received ... you'll be life-savers.

Take care, Danny

Anders Holmberg

Hi!
Could you have the display in your lap so it wont be so close to the mic?
/A