Can't record audio on one of my PCs

Donald Roberts

Sorry for the rather vague subject line, but I have a Windows 10 PC on which I am unable to record audio, regardless of which of the three audio recording
programs I attempt to use. If I attempt to use Total Recorder professional version 8.5, this is the message I get.

There are no real recording devices found.
It is possible that all of the recording devices are disabled in your system.
To enable recording devices:
1. In the Control Panel, go to the Sound item.
2. Click the Recording tab.
3. Right click the background of the tab, and select "Show Disabled Devices".
4. Select an item to be enabled and click Enable.

I am using Jaws 2021 and do not understand what is meant in this T R message which says something about "right click the background of the tab." I know
how to right click, but what is meant by the background of the tab?

When I attempt to record using the Studio Recorder program, I get the message "invalid wave device."

This issue has been a problem ever since I did a clean install of Windows 10, and I don't know how best to deal with it. I talked with someone from Microsoft
disability who truly wanted to help, but she just didn't have a clue.

I would appreciate knowing how other list members would address this issue.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

    Don Roberts

Hamit Campos

Hi Don. First what do you want to record anyways? Cause here's what I did. Dam it this problem has been a thing since Vista. So on to the topic at hand. When I wanted to use the Mike in jack I went to the sound tab and the recording tab as they said. Then you choose mike in. Obviously have 1 plugged in.  Hit applications key. Here in this menu you'll see those show disabled and there's another 1 they didn't tell you about show disconnected devices. I'll say check these as needed but I checked boath. Cause if you don't things like the famous What You hear as SoundBlaster calls it and the oddly named at times either wave out mix or stereo mix things won't show. Those I assume you know are the things where you can have the PC hear itself and record itself. Cause of the blasted RIAA Microsoft made these hard to find and disabled them in Vista. Cause the blasted music lable oligarchs well ya know they want you to buy every blasted CD and make them more rich. Meh that's for off list though my beef with oligarchy. Needless to say I feel ya bruh but do these things and all will be good in your world.