Topics

Bowes Mini SoundLink replacement?

John Gurd

I have the first Mini SoundLink and I really like the audio from it.
Unfortunately it's on it's last legs. I think I heard the subsequent
versions weren't as easy to use. Is that correct? I'm looking for a
Bluetooth speaker around the same size with the same or better rich sound?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Tim Noonan

I'm pretty sure there was a series 2 for that range, with speaking menus and improved sound quality with cleaner bass.

Not sure if it is still a current model though.

Regards
Tim

On 20 Feb 2020, at 8:25 am, John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have the first Mini SoundLink and I really like the audio from it.
Unfortunately it's on it's last legs. I think I heard the subsequent
versions weren't as easy to use. Is that correct? I'm looking for a
Bluetooth speaker around the same size with the same or better rich sound?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Geoff Eden

Yes, the Bose mini ii, is the best $200 Canadian I have spent in a long time. For both close listening and it to fill a modest size room, it can't be beat. The pairing procedure is simple, and the book says 10 hours on a battery charge. I can assure you that they must be speaking of relatively high volume, because I frequently get 25 to 30 hours of desktop listening.

They have found an interesting way to get a pack of fairly realistic base punch, and I do mean punch, from a speaker unit that is hardly 8 inches long and 2 1/2 inches on a side. There is a deep enough bottom there to make you think you're dealing with 10 or 12 and speakers, at least down to 40 or 50 Hz.

Mine is 2 years old and I'm not seeing a noticeable difference in the rechargeable battery cycle.

Geoff

I'm pretty sure there was a series 2 for that range, with speaking menus and improved sound quality with cleaner bass.

Not sure if it is still a current model though.

Regards
Tim

On 20 Feb 2020, at 8:25 am, John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have the first Mini SoundLink and I really like the audio from it.
Unfortunately it's on it's last legs. I think I heard the subsequent
versions weren't as easy to use. Is that correct? I'm looking for a
Bluetooth speaker around the same size with the same or better rich sound?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Robbie Curtis

I have the Bose Soundlink Color 2 and the menus are accessible. The problem I am having with it right now is that the volume is stuck when I use the apple tv and the iheartradio app. I have unpaired and reconnected and to what I can figure out so far is there is a problem somewhere in the iheartradio app because when I go to other apps on apple tv the volume works.

Other than that, it's pretty good.

--
Robbie J. Curtis
essence64@...

John Gurd

Thanks All,
I’ll see if I can get the SoundLink series 2. :-)

John Gurd