Topics

Blue Spark Blackout

Merv Keck

Hi,

Anyone have experience with the Blue Spark Blackout XLR condenser
Microphone? I needed a second microphone and this one is on sale for Prime
Day on amazon for $119.

I was just looking for a second XLR for a second chair when doing two person
recordings.

Merv

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I haven’t looked at this mic but after this review I would suggest you looked at the Rode NT1A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBae3-_3WYU

Gena

On 8 Jul 2019, at 23:29, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...> wrote:

Hi,

Anyone have experience with the Blue Spark Blackout XLR condenser
Microphone? I needed a second microphone and this one is on sale for Prime
Day on amazon for $119.

I was just looking for a second XLR for a second chair when doing two person
recordings.

Merv

Dude Gena's totaly right homy. The NT1-A is my favorite of the mics Neal demos. I so want the stereo matched pair of them. Love how it sounds on Neal's Sound-Devices 744-T. Can't wait to hear 1 of these on a Zoom F8N. Or even an F4. That's got to be pure epicness.

On 7/9/2019 7:19 AM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

I haven’t looked at this mic but after this review I would suggest you looked at the Rode NT1A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBae3-_3WYU

Gena

On 8 Jul 2019, at 23:29, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...> wrote:

Hi,

Anyone have experience with the Blue Spark Blackout XLR condenser
Microphone? I needed a second microphone and this one is on sale for Prime
Day on amazon for $119.

I was just looking for a second XLR for a second chair when doing two person
recordings.

Merv

Anders Holmberg

Hi!
Haven’t heard the Nt1 but i have the procaster and its the best mic i’ve ever had.
/A

9 juli 2019 kl. 14:48 skrev Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...>:

[...]

Casey

hi where can you get the procaster mic from?

And how does it connect to your computer?

On 7/9/2019 1:48 PM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
[...]

It appears Amazon have a big saving on the Procaster. It doesn’t state the connection. It usually states if they are USB so I assume it is XLR. Which would mean you would need an interface or a mixer. The Focusrite Scarlett Solo is a good starter.

Plenty to read up on these subjects.

Regards,
On 9 Jul 2019, at 22:45, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

[...]

I see from here that the Procaster is indeed a XLR microphone but some people do use a UsB converter, not recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT557EYjp_k

This review recommends this Mic for voice work.

[...]

tim cumings

I am not a big fan of the road pro caster, although I do like some of of the other road microphones. I tried the pro caster and didn’t like it on my voice. It was way too basic for my liking. However, your mileage may vary.

On Jul 9, 2019, at 6:09 PM, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Tim,

Are there any £100 - £200 i.e. entry level mics that you would recommend?

Regards,

On 9 Jul 2019, at 23:32, tim cumings <thcumings@...> wrote:

[...]

check out the road and T1A.

On Jul 9, 2019, at 6:54 PM, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

[...]

Any audio shop that sells musical instruments.
Thomann.de <http://thomann.de/> might have it.
Its connected with xlr to the audio unit you’re using.
/A

9 juli 2019 kl. 23:45 skrev Casey <cwollner@...>:

[...]

Yes Focusrite scarlet solo is great.
THey’ve just come out with the 3rd gen version.
/A

10 juli 2019 kl. 00:09 skrev Georgina Joyce <gena@...>:

[...]

If you look I already suggested the Rode NT1A I have got it and love it. The big heavy lump.

Gena

On 10 Jul 2019, at 00:13, tim cumings <thcumings@...> wrote:

[...]

Oooooo you actually have 1! How lucky! Well the thing is I want the stereo matched pair which is $600. But yeah I say again I love how it sounds on a Sound Devices 744-T. The only thing is Neal never daired even just hold it out a window to hear how outdoors stuff sounds on it. How do you use yours? In that what do you connect it to? Though now you'll be able to use it with the H6. So not to be a bother as I told Neal the few times I've asked him. But if ever you can can you upload something to hear how the NT1-A does with trafic birds and what not? I'd really apreciate it.

On 7/10/2019 11:42 AM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
[...]

I have it connected to a Scarlett Solo. I am constructing sound-proofing panels so that I can continue doing my tutorials relating to ham radio. It is too heavy and big to carry outside. I simply couldn’t imagine carrying two of them. With it’s shock mount it is some serious metal. From memory, it is just under a kilo and the shock mount is not easy to hold. I’ll see what I can do. I would love to hear bird song but inner city life doesn’t allow birds to be heard too often.

Gena

On 10 Jul 2019, at 17:14, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh wow 2.2 pounds. Hot dam! Well maybe just laying it in the space of an open window if you know what I mean. I wouldn't make you carry it out if that's not easy. As for 2 NT1 A's no friend you would put them on a stand on an ORTF stereo bar which Rode makes 1. Again if you can. Just to see. If not I guess I'll see about going 1 day to B&H Photo Video and see what I can do their. Cause they have lots of ttuff for you to try there.

On 7/10/2019 1:47 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
[...]

Well cars busses and things like that is something else I'd like to hear on it anyways. So you're good there. Again a real big thanks in advance if you get to do it. The H6 will make it easyer.

[...]

Is ham-radio still alive and kicking these days when internet has stolen everything?
I was into that long ago.
I had the Swedish n certificate but gave it up since there seems no one on the 2 meters band here anymore.
Everithing is digitized.
/A

10 juli 2019 kl. 19:47 skrev Georgina Joyce <gena@...>:

[...]

Yes a lot of digital stuff. However, the French have proposed that 2M band should be taken. Which has woken up some hams. For years hams have been using APRS on 2m and packet is kept going. Very useful for Government emergency planning. See win mail etc.

Here’s the article:
France has submitted a paper with the subject Agenda Item 10 revised proposal for an agenda item for new non-safety aeronautical mobile applications.

The paper says:

"The list of bands that are proposed for study of possible new allocations to the aeronautical mobile service on a primary basis is revised by adding the band 144-146 MHz, the bands 5000-5010 MHz and 15.4-15.7 GHz being maintained."

"The decisions of previous conferences have introduced some restrictions to the use and have imposed constraints on the development of aeronautical mobile applications within some existing mobile allocations traditionally used by the aeronautical mobile applications.

At the same time, the number of manned and unmanned aircraft equipped with sensors has grown significantly in the past 20 years together with the need of bidirectional low to high data rate communications.

Aeronautical applications like fire surveillance, border surveillance, air quality and environment monitoring, traffic monitoring, disaster monitoring, terrain modelling, imagery (visible, infrared, radar, meteo), video monitoring require non-safety communications between various types of aeronautical platforms.

Consequently the need of non-safety data communications between various types of aeronautical platforms increases and so the need for new frequency bands."

Download PTA(19)090 France_Proposal on non-safety aeronautical mobile applications at CPG PTA # 7 - 17-21 June - Prague under Meeting Docs
https://cept.org/ecc/groups/ecc/cpg/cpg-pt-a/client/meeting-documents/?flid=5624