Topics

Blue Snowball

George Zaynoun

Can somebody tell me please what does the button that has three positions do with each position respectively?

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN

Smiling?

Keep in mind, I myself do not own or have never used this mic. This is all
information (pasted below) grabbed from the web.

Blue Snowball Microphone User Guide | Academic Divisional Computing:
https://www.adc.ucsc.edu/tutorials/audio/blue-snowball-microphone-user-guide

3. The switch has three settings:

"1" records what is directly aimed at the mic, and reduces ambient noise.
This setting is good for recording in the lab, which has some building
noise.

"2" also records directional sound, but contains more ambient noise.

"3" records omnidirectional noise, it will contain much of the sound
surrounding the mic. This setting is good for recording several speakers in
a conversation.

And I am sure that you'd be similar to myself of not being sure of where
position 1 would be positioned. I would guess to the left if you're facing
it. Simply try it for yourself and record yourself because you will be able
to hear the differences from each pickup/position.

Can somebody tell me please what does the button that has three
positions do with each position respectively?
--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29 Mobile: +46 (70) 366 63 29

Tom Kaufman

I have the Blue Snowball mic. However, mine does not have any buttons on
it. But I have heard of some people who have this particular brand of mic
that does hhave that button; my guess is that it's a 3-position switch,
going from lo to medium to high; that's just a guess, so am sorry if this
isn't enough information!