Topics

airfoil for pc, is it accessible with nvda?

Mary Otten

I guess my question says it all. I used to use this program on a mac, where it was accessible. At that time, the pc version had issues, which I don't recall what they were. So now I'm wondering about the pc app; has it gotten better?

Mary

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

I use Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite for Windows all the time and have done so for many years now.
The App is accessible but there are a few twerks to be aware of.
There are 2 parts to the Airfoil App as you know, the source - what gets transmitted - and the target - where the source is transmitted to.
To get to the Source list you need to use the tab key to tab to the Source List button.
The buttons are not labeled but fortunately there’s only a few and you get used to where everything is.
The Target or Speaker list is accessible both by tabbing and through the menu system.
Airfoil has evolved in the years I’ve been using the App and become very advanced to the point where the App supports Chromecast and Bluetooth devices so - depending on how devices you have - the Airfoil Dashboard can become rather full.
I’m in the process of reviving my website. One of the sections on my pages is my “Software Value Basket” and Airfoil for Mac and Windows is certainly amongst the content there.

On 8 May 2019, at 12:01 am, Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:

I guess my question says it all. I used to use this program on a mac, where it was accessible. At that time, the pc version had issues, which I don't recall what they were. So now I'm wondering about the pc app; has it gotten better?

Mary

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

As a footnote.
Airfoil allows the selection of your speakers or targets for streaming via shortcut keys using Alt and a number key depending on where your speaker is in the list.

On 8 May 2019, at 12:01 am, Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:

I guess my question says it all. I used to use this program on a mac, where it was accessible. At that time, the pc version had issues, which I don't recall what they were. So now I'm wondering about the pc app; has it gotten better?

Mary

Mary Otten

Thanks for that prompt response. It’s too bad that the buttons are not labeled. So I guess the way you find out where the source list is would be to tab and click and do the trial and error thing and then remember hopefully which button you found that was the right one.

On May 7, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes that’s one way. The other way is to remember where the buttons are situated with regard to other items in the App. There are sliders - accessible - to adjust output volume for devices and so on so once you know the layout its Childs play.