From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:49 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

This isn’t at all bad given that Waggin is 2100 miles away from me. The 558KHZ frequency is swamped by around 10 other stations nation wide and I had to carefully locate the CC 2E so as to avoid interference from stronger signals 150 miles away. Anyway see what you think.
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fmixi40va845bjmx%2FABC%2520Radio%2520Waggin%2520on%2520CC%25202E.mp3%3Fdl%3D0&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C7b07806354264fb8cc0808d69c12bc7f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636868001612718953&amp;sdata=LMYrdFzOE0rtMehYqxskEVxOe%2BgwGiGdAJCi0jFImJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0

Dane Trethowan

Hi,
The station received in Waggin is a 50KW station and is I think the most powerful transmitting on the 558KHZ frequency in Australia.
Commercial stations here transmit anywhere between 2000 and 10000 watts whilst the ABC usually use 50000 watt transmitters.
ABC Waggin came in well early this morning as we have heard and it very rarely comes in that well because of the other trash on the 558KHZ frequency, I had to be careful to orientate the radio in just the right way.
A testament I think to Bob Crane and the design of the CC 2E radio which - in my opinion - is worth every dollar not only for the sensitivity and selectivity of the receiving circuit but the build quality and excellent audio characteristics.

On 27 Feb 2019, at 5:12 am, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@...> wrote:

Dane,

That seems like quite a strong signal for that distance. The other observation I have is that you seem to have a fairly low interference environment, not noticeable digital noise. I have a lot of trouble here with digital noise from various source, not the least of which is our furnace. Also, light dimmers give me a problem even though the one I bought a while back was supposed to be designed to minimize interference.

How does Australia regulate the effective Radiated Power of radio? Are certain frequencies reserved for 50KW, for example?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson