Topics

A Question About Simulating An Ambience

Hi,
While this question is very, very specific, hopefully I will get at least a reply :)

Would anyone know, using Sound Forge, how could I simulate that effect like that voice we can hear in airportsor where an announcer speaks something on these microphones?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Brian Olesen

Hi,
Marcio. Depending on how authentic you want it you could use impulses for the perfectly right venue.
On the other hand you could also just use a very long large hall and then for the audencity of it keep your microphone very close to your mouth while speking into it.

Brian

While this question is very, very specific, hopefully I will get at least a reply :)

Would anyone know, using Sound Forge, how could I simulate that effect like that voice we can hear in airportsor where an announcer speaks something on these microphones?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I don’t know SF but I see you can add FX to audio in SF. So you would use a reverb and EQ on the audio. I believe SF to be a destructive audio editor so make sure you have plenty of backups.

On 28 Aug 2019, at 12:51, Marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,
While this question is very, very specific, hopefully I will get at least a reply :)

Would anyone know, using Sound Forge, how could I simulate that effect like that voice we can hear in airportsor where an announcer speaks something on these microphones?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Brian,
Depending on how authentic you want it you could use impulses for the perfectly right venue.
This was my first thought :) but how can I find these impulses?

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Georgina,
So you would use a reverb and EQ on the audio.
Sounds good. I will try that. Thanks for the idea!

I believe SF to be a destructive audio editor so make sure you have plenty of backups.
I do, I never work with the original file of a recording :)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Brian Olesen

Hi,
I think I remember there were a few in the package itself, but you can find plenty of them on the Net.
It's a little tricky to set it up.
Brian

Depending on how authentic you want it you could use impulses for the perfectly right venue.
This was my first thought :) but how can I find these impulses?

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

JM Casey

Well, most of those speakers are very low quality, so you probably want an eq filter to remove most of the low frequencies from your voice. I've seen presets that say things like "telephone" and the like; soundforge probably has some. Experiment with high-pass filters (sorry, I'm a bit new to this so I hope I got this right) and see what you can come up with. I just did a quick google search for "vocal tannoy effect audio editor" and a lot of results came up. You'll just have to experiment. Have fun.

While this question is very, very specific, hopefully I will get at least a reply :)

Would anyone know, using Sound Forge, how could I simulate that effect like that voice we can hear in airportsor where an announcer speaks something on these microphones?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Brian,
It's a little tricky to set it up.
Actually I think I have zero troubles setting it up :) I've played with it before, but couldn't find anything satisfactory for this purpose on the default pack. By the way do you need help with it?
Now back to my question, for me, the hard thing is indeed finding other impulses. Would love some links if at all possible :)

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Hey JM,
Long time no see! How's it going man? We need to talk someday again :)

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll see what I get googling "vocal tannoy audio effect editor".
Oh, playing with highpass filter is always cool! Lots of fun with this tool which can be used for many things at the same time.