Topics

A New Kid on the Block

Hi folks.
So, that's it, I'm the newest kid on the block :)

In light of this, please let me introduce myself.
I'm Marcio, 20, from Brazil. I love English and I am on several other lists apart from this one for learning purposes. Not only about English but also about the list's topics.
Usually, I'll be subscribing to tech lists because I'm a geeky person and I believe that learning about tech and making my daily English lessons at once is the best of both worlds :)

I absolutely love audio edition and things like that, ya know, playing with sound effects et al. On another list, I asked if anyone would know about any list on this topic and someone suggested me this one.
So this is the story about how I came to here.

I hope to learn a lot from y'all and I know I will, and maybe I'll be able to teach one thing or two, who knows :) which leads me to my first question...
Does anyone know about a good website, YouTube channel etc to learn cool tricks regarding audio edition? I mean, making certain effects and such.

Well guys that's all. Sorry for the long message and don't expect for other ones like that from me in the future. Usually, you won't need to read that much from me, I promise :)

Looking forward to join the All Audio party,
Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I don’t know if you know about the resources available to us? A podcast called Audio Pizza does a demonstration of different aspects of Reaper on the Mac. However, a fantastic course again for reaper has been sadly discontinued because of funding. The good news being that they have provided many resources for anyone to download. It is an excellent resource and is very comprehensive. This is for Windows users and particularly NVDA users. The NVDA team have developed OSARA which provides so much access to reaper.

The Audio in and outs course starts with audio basics then effects and Reaper. They are excellent tutors and it’s well worth a listen. Take a look here:

http://wiki.cucat.org/index.php/Main/AudioInsAndOuts

Reaper is a great multi-track non destructive editor and reasonalbly priced.

I love the youtube videos done by the Booth Junky” Who is a professional guy who shares his techniques. Check him out.

Welcome and enjoy!

Gena
On 21 Jun 2019, at 16:55, Marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Hi Gena,
I'll give it a look.
I've never used Reaper, though. Do you know something like that for Sound Forge users, for example?

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Ah good thing you posted thes Gena. I've got to learn Reaper to be able to use the H6 in it's multi channal mode. SoundForge sees it as a 6 channal device but if you try and record it'll crash. I have a demo of Reaper I figured out how to start a recording but not how to actually record and or how to arm tracks or select them. Yes I've heard youtube vids but remember sighted people don't use the keyboard.

On 6/21/2019 3:35 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
[...]

No sorry I don’t.

On 21 Jun 2019, at 20:52, Marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Gena,
I'll give it a look.
I've never used Reaper, though. Do you know something like that for Sound Forge users, for example?

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I would recommend working through all of the Audio Ins and Outs because they are so packed with useful information. Reaper is easily downloaded and provides a 60 day trial. I believe it is still possible to use it after the 60 day period. For reaper to work for us. The OSARA plugin needs to be installed and so does the SWS extension need to be installed. CAVI also provide a huge amount of effects via the VST archive. Reaper has just released a new version so make sure you get the latest. Don’t use the older software.

It is fun and exciting to be able to produce professional audio.

Good luck!

On 21 Jun 2019, at 21:05, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

[...]

To arm a track F7 to record ‘r’ to pause ‘r’ to stop space. I think these are Reaper commands natively. But as OSARA installs a key map they maybe provided by OSARA. I am sure track selection is provided by OSARA and that is simply up and down arrows. Here’s where you will get OSARA:

https://github.com/jcsteh/osara

[...]

Ah thanks. I'll look into that.