From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 12:59 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Olympus DM-720 impressions?

Hello,

Does anyone have the Olympus DM-720 recorder? If so what are your
impressions of it? What do you like and do not like?

Thanks.
Dave.

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have a demo of it's sound quality would you?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 5/18/20, Tom Kaufman <tomcat53@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello David: I have the Olympus DM-720; it pretty much does what I needed
to do; records in at least two formats MP3 and WAB (think it'll do others as
well) has been a little while since I have used it! But as I said, it'll do
what I need it to do!

Does anyone have the Olympus DM-720 recorder? If so what are your
impressions of it? What do you like and do not like?

Thanks.
Dave.

Howard Traxler

Tom, have you ever had or had reason to know about the 520?  I'm wondering how much like the 520 is the 720?  I.E., the input jack is shared between mic and line and is located at the business end between the microphones; the audio output jack is 3.5MM and located on the side; the remote control jack is 2.5MM and also on the side; the USB port is also the charging connector and is on the end away from the mics; the power and key lock is a slider on the side near the record, stop and play buttons.  This describes the 520.
.

On 5/18/2020 12:05 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hello David: I have the Olympus DM-720; it pretty much does what I needed to do; records in at least two formats MP3 and WAB (think it'll do others as well) has been a little while since I have used it! But as I said, it'll do what I need it to do!

Does anyone have the Olympus DM-720 recorder? If so what are your
impressions of it? What do you like and do not like?

Thanks.
Dave.

Hamit Campos

Oh yes I did forget something. I don’t have the DM 720 but if those that had the 420 or 520 used the podcast folder as I did know that’s this folder is now gone on the 720. This may affect playback. Because the recorder would remember where you left off even after shut down. This is 1 beef I do have with the LS-14 as well and in general I hate how it rewinds too far.