Topics

Getting my Mac to recognize Zoom H1N as external drive

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

I got someone to give me a hand with that as I was in a hurry to make a recording.

On 23 Jul 2019, at 2:06 am, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...> wrote:

Could be yes. Just tell me something else, did you manage the first
screens once you insert batteries, and wich battery type did you
select?

On 7/22/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:
Yes you’re absolutely right so I’m wondering if I have a faulty camera kit
here? Camera Kits aren’t expensive items so I’ll order another in a couple
of days.

On 23 Jul 2019, at 12:08 am, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...> wrote:

Intresting, as the manual do state it can work with ios.

On 7/22/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:
I don’t think so.
As soon as I select use as Sound Device from the recorder I get the “Not
Enough Power” message which I’ve seen on other devices before.

On 22 Jul 2019, at 9:53 pm, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...> wrote:

Well, the way I understand it is that with ios, you con't just select
that and off you go, there are more options under the ios section once
you pressed ok on that. Maybe that's the problem.

On 7/21/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:
I’m doing some tests with the recorder at the moment.
Unfortunately I can’t get the recorder to work as a microphone with
the
iPhone or iPad mini.
The battery of the iPad Pro was dead flat so I haven’t ben able to try
that
though I suspect the results will be the same which is a pity.

On 22 Jul 2019, at 6:49 am, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...> wrote:

I agree. I won't use that allot, but its good to no how to turn it
on/off.

On 7/21/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:
I haven't worked that out yet but I will.
I should draw your attention to a few things.
The Pre-Record buffer is only 2 seconds in length.
The buffer may not always work depending on what function of
recording
you
are using, it will not work with the "Countdown Timer" function I
think
its
call.
Given that this recorder is priced as low as it is these minor
oddities
seem
a fair tradeoff and don't affect the recorders prime aim which is to
make
some damn decent quality recordings.