Topics

convertion of itunes files

DAVID

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Dane Trethowan

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

DAVID

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Dane Trethowan

In what country do you live?

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when
idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so
download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

DAVID

trinidad and tobago
am also trying to figger out how to get apple itune plus to work.

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when
idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so
download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Dane Trethowan

Only thing I can think of is that iTunes have copyright restrictions and
thus digitally protected files in some parts of the world still.

am also trying to figger out how to get apple itune plus to work.

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when
idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes
so
download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to
mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Tom Kaufman

Would Switch work for something like this?

sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Smiling?

Just copy one of your M4P files and rename it with a M4A extension and see
what happens. It should play just fine and if it doesn't, simply delete it
hence the copying.

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when
idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so
download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

aad leeflang

hello
i don;t see the format m4p in switch, actually i never saw that
filetype.
maybe vlc can do it?
aad

--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

DAVID

hi hmmmm. i have itune and when i download music from it its in m4p i dont know why.
no swich is not working in it it keep telling me that the file is drm protechted.
so i have all these music in m4p and kant convert them.
.

sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

Dane Trethowan

No it wouldn’t as the M4P files are digitally protected.
I’m wondering what do you want to convert these files for in the first place? They play just fine with iTunes or your IOS devices right.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 6:31 pm, Tom Kaufman <tomcat53@...> wrote:

Would Switch work for something like this?

sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Dane Trethowan

Yes it may play just fine with iTunes etc so he would be just wasting his time renaming the file.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 6:55 pm, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:

Just copy one of your M4P files and rename it with a M4A extension and see
what happens. It should play just fine and if it doesn't, simply delete it
hence the copying.

ok well now am confuse cause i have an account with apple itunes and when
idownload music it is downloaded as m4p files.
so now i dont know how to get it to download m4a files

M4p files are protected and have long since been illuminated from iTunes so
download the correct M4a versions and see how you get on.

On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:22 am, DAVID <davidlacaille2@...> wrote:

hi all.
sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

DAVID

well the reason is that i would like to play them on my androde and players that dont have apple players on them.

sorry if am off topic but am having a problem converting m4p files to mp3.
i use sound taxi before but that is not working again.
could someone tell me what is a good and user friendly software to use?
thanks

Anders Holmberg

Hi!
If you have an Apple Music account you have the apple music for android to fiddle with.
Works like a sharm here.
/A

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@...>