Date   

Re: Speakers

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Well you do know with the good quality offerings.
I know that my B&W T7 has 2 3.5 inch drivers and 2 passive radiators along with a full DSP circuit to enhance the sound.

On 1 Mar 2019, at 1:39 am, Howard Traxler <howard@...> wrote:

Thanks Brian, it seems then, that when someone is selling a bluetooth speaker, you don't really know what's in it, huh?

Howard

On 2/28/2019 8:32 AM, Brian Olesen wrote:
Yo Howard,
Some speakers are those so called bars, where there are 2 or more speaker units in each bar. Others has a speaker on each side of them, and then again there are round structures with speakers inside that creates this stereo feeling.
Then you have monorral speakers that some times can be paired as a synchronous stereo pair, if you prefer that.

Best regards
Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Howard Traxler
Sendt: 28. februar 2019 15:15
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] Speakers

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the speakers that folks are talking about these
days: the blue tooth and the smart, etc. Are they one speaker or a box with two or more speakers in it? We went for more than 50 years needing a pair of speakers for stereo. Have we now gone back to listening to one speaker as if we have one ear? I would hate to think that all these multi-channel systems send their output to only one speaker.. I don't think my amazon echo dot plays stereo so when I use it for music, I hook it up to my stereo system.

Howard









Re: Speakers

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

The one good thing about all the Amazon speakers now is that they have line-out so you can use them with some other powered speakers, stereo Amplifier etc.
The newer generation of Amazon Echo speakers have something called Dolby 360 and I tend to think this is a marketing therm rather than actually meaning that the speaker is stereo.
It seems that - if you’re talking Smack Speakers - then you’re better to stick to the Smart Speaker brands themselves such as Amazon and Google.
I have a Google Home Mac smart speaker here which is supposed to be the best sounding speaker in the Google range and its not bad but it is not portable and certainly wouldn’t fit the requirements of the original author of this thread.
What I really like about the Google Home Max is its auto room tuning function.
In many cases multi room speakers system are back to where it all started - feeding both stereo channels into one speaker - so in order to get stereo you need “A Pair”.
There are multi room speakers that come as a stereo speaker such as the Denon Heos 7 and Heos 5 speakers.
The Denon Heos 3 and Heos 1 are speakers speakers which you can pair together and that actually has advantages.
You might just want to use one Denon Heos 3 speaker as a centre speaker for example.
Getting back to the Google Home Max speaker I mentioned earlier.
I’m considering getting another to make a pair.
When the Mac lays horizontally its a stereo speaker though separation isn’t all that good.
When the Max stands vertically it is a mono speaker and can be part of a pair if there are 2 Max speakers.
You can do similar things with amazon echo speakers.

On 1 Mar 2019, at 1:14 am, Howard Traxler <howard@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the speakers that folks are talking about these days: the blue tooth and the smart, etc. Are they one speaker or a box with two or more speakers in it? We went for more than 50 years needing a pair of speakers for stereo. Have we now gone back to listening to one speaker as if we have one ear? I would hate to think that all these multi-channel systems send their output to only one speaker.. I don't think my amazon echo dot plays stereo so when I use it for music, I hook it up to my stereo system.

Howard




Re: Speakers

Howard Traxler <howard@...>
 

Thanks Brian, it seems then, that when someone is selling a bluetooth speaker, you don't really know what's in it, huh?

Howard

On 2/28/2019 8:32 AM, Brian Olesen wrote:
Yo Howard,
Some speakers are those so called bars, where there are 2 or more speaker units in each bar. Others has a speaker on each side of them, and then again there are round structures with speakers inside that creates this stereo feeling.
Then you have monorral speakers that some times can be paired as a synchronous stereo pair, if you prefer that.

Best regards
Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Howard Traxler
Sendt: 28. februar 2019 15:15
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] Speakers

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the speakers that folks are talking about these
days: the blue tooth and the smart, etc. Are they one speaker or a box with two or more speakers in it? We went for more than 50 years needing a pair of speakers for stereo. Have we now gone back to listening to one speaker as if we have one ear? I would hate to think that all these multi-channel systems send their output to only one speaker.. I don't think my amazon echo dot plays stereo so when I use it for music, I hook it up to my stereo system.

Howard








Re: Speakers

Brian Olesen
 

Yo Howard,
Some speakers are those so called bars, where there are 2 or more speaker units in each bar. Others has a speaker on each side of them, and then again there are round structures with speakers inside that creates this stereo feeling.
Then you have monorral speakers that some times can be paired as a synchronous stereo pair, if you prefer that.

Best regards
Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Howard Traxler
Sendt: 28. februar 2019 15:15
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] Speakers

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the speakers that folks are talking about these
days: the blue tooth and the smart, etc. Are they one speaker or a box with two or more speakers in it? We went for more than 50 years needing a pair of speakers for stereo. Have we now gone back to listening to one speaker as if we have one ear? I would hate to think that all these multi-channel systems send their output to only one speaker.. I don't think my amazon echo dot plays stereo so when I use it for music, I hook it up to my stereo system.

Howard


Speakers

Howard Traxler <howard@...>
 

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the speakers that folks are talking about these days:  the blue tooth and the smart, etc.  Are they one speaker or a box with two or more speakers in it?  We went for more than 50 years needing a pair of speakers for stereo.  Have we now gone back to listening to one speaker as if we have one ear? I would hate to think that all these multi-channel systems send their output to only one speaker..  I don't think my amazon echo dot plays stereo so when I use it for music, I hook it up to my stereo system.

Howard


Sound Cloud

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Hi,

I'm considering an account with Sound Cloud given the increasing amount of
clips and samples that I'm capturing using various pieces of recording
equipment.

Up till now I've been using Dropbox though as the amount of clips increase
so does the struggle to keep things organised.

Has anyone used Sound Cloud before? Sound cloud seems to be the obvious
solution to my problem though there may be other solutions out there.


Re: B&O play a1 portable bluetooth speaker

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

An interesting choice but perhaps a rather costly one.
You're going to have to buy 2 of these speakers if you want stereo sound and
that's probably fair enough from B&O's point of view as you'll get good
separation.
I'm still using my B&W T7 which I bought nearly 2 years ago.
I'm looking at the B&O review now.
The author complains that the B&O Bluetooth speker isn't watertight? Well I
don't give a damn about such things, I'm only interested in the audio
quality and not marketing gimmiks.
The B&O supports APTX which is great but not so important if you're planning
to use the device with a piece of Apple hardware and I truly wish this would
change.
The author of the review I'm reading makes a point of mentioning the looks
of the B&O speaker? Again that's something that doesn't worry me so long as
I get good sound and preferably good enough sound that makes my speaker
stand out from the pack which this speaker does it seems.
Before you rush out to buy one I do suggest that you look at some other
speakers such as the B&W T7 or the Keef Muo I think its called.
The B&W T7 is a stereo Bluetooth speaker with surprisingly good separation
and sound given the size of the device and as you already have a B&W system
you will pretty much have some idea of what the T7 sounds like.
The Muo has to be paired to get stereo sound.
Anyway just my thoughts.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of André van
Deventer
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2019 9:38 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] B&O play a1 portable bluetooth speaker

Hi folks



I am in the market for a small portable Bluetooth speaker



During my research I came across the B&O play a1 which had good reviews. I
have a lot of respect for this company and I was wondering if anyone has any
experience with this speaker.



Regards

André


B&O play a1 portable bluetooth speaker

André van Deventer
 

Hi folks



I am in the market for a small portable Bluetooth speaker



During my research I came across the B&O play a1 which had good reviews. I
have a lot of respect for this company and I was wondering if anyone has any
experience with this speaker.



Regards

André


Re: I have bought the Røde procaster mic.

Brian Olesen
 

Hey Anders,
I'm very curious to hear how satisfied you are with it, when it arrives.

Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Anders Holmberg
Sendt: 27. februar 2019 19:59
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] I have bought the Røde procaster mic.

Hi!
I’ve ordered a mic from Røde called Røde procaster.
From what i have read it seems to be a very good mic for Podcasting and such.
I haven’t got it into my house yet as i have to go and get it from the postal service.
I will report back and maybe do a little demo of the mic.
/A


I have bought the Røde procaster mic.

Anders Holmberg
 

Hi!
I’ve ordered a mic from Røde called Røde procaster.
From what i have read it seems to be a very good mic for Podcasting and such.
I haven’t got it into my house yet as i have to go and get it from the postal service.
I will report back and maybe do a little demo of the mic.
/A


Re: C Crane CC 2 E question

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

I think you're referring to calibration.
There's a square of 4 round buttons on the front of the radio, hold the
right one down until you hear a beep then press again.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Donald L.
Roberts
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2019 4:20 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] C Crane CC 2 E question

A couple of years ago, Dane had provided instructions for the C C 2 E radio
to peak reception on the a.m. band, presumably by matching the antenna.
Unfortunately, I have lost those instructions and hope that Dane would
kindly repost them.

This was a procedure which scanned the entire a.m. band and took a good five
minutes to perform.

Thanks for any feedback.

Don Roberts


C Crane CC 2 E question

Donald L. Roberts
 

A couple of years ago, Dane had provided instructions for the C C 2 E radio to peak reception on the a.m. band, presumably by matching the antenna. Unfortunately, I have lost those instructions and hope that Dane would kindly repost them.

This was a procedure which scanned the entire a.m. band and took a good five minutes to perform.

Thanks for any feedback.

Don Roberts


Just purchased Radioboss Broadcasting and automation software

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Subject line says it all.

Fort those in Australia the total cost is $335 for the Advanced version
which includes GST.

If you're buying in the US the total cost is $235 for the Advanced version
of Radioboss, such is the value of the Australian dollar these days.

I've been trialing Radiobos and discovering many of the features/functions
this package has to offer.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the flexibility on offer in the Radioboss
package along with accessibility.

I've had to relabel a few edit boxes and so on but nothing more than that.

Go to http://radioboss.com and take the product for a spin yourself.

The help section in the App is very detailed. If that's not enough then you
can use google to hunt up extra information from the Radioboss web site and
other forums.

Highly Recommended.


Re: ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Hi again,
As a Postscript to my original reply.
You spoke of the low level of interference?
Well actually there were more than half a dozen computers and God only knows what else powered up and working at the time so receiving that signal as well as I did was quite astounding.
I had to navigate the radio at a particular angle and put the radio in a particular place in my home.
I used a 5 meter (15 feet ) cable between the line-out of the CC 2E radio and the Olympus LS-14 Line input so I could put the recorder at plenty of distance from the radio thereby hopefully illuminating another source of interference.
The lead I used seems to be well shielded which helped a great deal.

On 27 Feb 2019, at 5:12 am, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@...> wrote:

Dane,

That seems like quite a strong signal for that distance. The other observation I have is that you seem to have a fairly low interference environment, not noticeable digital noise. I have a lot of trouble here with digital noise from various source, not the least of which is our furnace. Also, light dimmers give me a problem even though the one I bought a while back was supposed to be designed to minimize interference.

How does Australia regulate the effective Radiated Power of radio? Are certain frequencies reserved for 50KW, for example?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:49 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

This isn’t at all bad given that Waggin is 2100 miles away from me. The 558KHZ frequency is swamped by around 10 other stations nation wide and I had to carefully locate the CC 2E so as to avoid interference from stronger signals 150 miles away. Anyway see what you think.
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fmixi40va845bjmx%2FABC%2520Radio%2520Waggin%2520on%2520CC%25202E.mp3%3Fdl%3D0&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C7b07806354264fb8cc0808d69c12bc7f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636868001612718953&amp;sdata=LMYrdFzOE0rtMehYqxskEVxOe%2BgwGiGdAJCi0jFImJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0









Re: ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Hi,
The station received in Waggin is a 50KW station and is I think the most powerful transmitting on the 558KHZ frequency in Australia.
Commercial stations here transmit anywhere between 2000 and 10000 watts whilst the ABC usually use 50000 watt transmitters.
ABC Waggin came in well early this morning as we have heard and it very rarely comes in that well because of the other trash on the 558KHZ frequency, I had to be careful to orientate the radio in just the right way.
A testament I think to Bob Crane and the design of the CC 2E radio which - in my opinion - is worth every dollar not only for the sensitivity and selectivity of the receiving circuit but the build quality and excellent audio characteristics.

On 27 Feb 2019, at 5:12 am, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@...> wrote:

Dane,

That seems like quite a strong signal for that distance. The other observation I have is that you seem to have a fairly low interference environment, not noticeable digital noise. I have a lot of trouble here with digital noise from various source, not the least of which is our furnace. Also, light dimmers give me a problem even though the one I bought a while back was supposed to be designed to minimize interference.

How does Australia regulate the effective Radiated Power of radio? Are certain frequencies reserved for 50KW, for example?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:49 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

This isn’t at all bad given that Waggin is 2100 miles away from me. The 558KHZ frequency is swamped by around 10 other stations nation wide and I had to carefully locate the CC 2E so as to avoid interference from stronger signals 150 miles away. Anyway see what you think.
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fmixi40va845bjmx%2FABC%2520Radio%2520Waggin%2520on%2520CC%25202E.mp3%3Fdl%3D0&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C7b07806354264fb8cc0808d69c12bc7f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636868001612718953&amp;sdata=LMYrdFzOE0rtMehYqxskEVxOe%2BgwGiGdAJCi0jFImJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0









Re: CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Tom Kaufman
 

Hello Howard and list: I think I have somewhat solved my problem: last night, I played around with the system volume on my computer! I first jacked it on up to a hundred percent! This, of course (while it far from made the light on the transmitter flicker) it just caused all kinds of "over-driven" sounds on my radios! So I settled on 68 percent; this gives me a sound I can live with as well as pretty much the volume I need! Thanks all for listening and thanks, Howard, for steering me in the right direction!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:09 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Tom, I don't know about the volume control on the keyboard. I've never
seen that. However, I suspect that that control actually operates the
software volume control in the system.


Howard

On 2/25/2019 8:46 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Howard: I first thought this may be achieved by adjusting the speaker volume that is on the keyboard of my computer! Now if I understand you correctly, this is not the case...correct? Also, just so I understood you correctly, you're saying I need to turn the volume of the transmitter up all the way...then adjust the output of the soundcard? OOr do I have that backwards?
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 8:48 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Any sound card I've ever used is controlled via software. In windows xp
it was in programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control. Windows 7
and later, I think things are a bit different but they're still in
there. Just set the system volume up until just before it distorts on
your radio.


Someone who knows more than I about that transmitter, may be able to
point you to a deviation adjustment if there is one.


Howard



On 2/25/2019 7:03 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hello Howard: I'll see if I can do that! Thanks for the tip! You might want to give me some pointers as to how to adjust the output on the soundcard (running Windows 7 if that helps!"
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 7:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Yes Tom, you're doing it the way I would. With the control on the
transmitter all the way up, set your sound card output just a bit less
than distortion. That's probably all you can do. I don't know if there
is an adjustment in the transmitter for deviation. If so, that might be
the next thing to try.


Howard

On 2/24/2019 11:11 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Yes...using the volume control on the side of the transmitter. Now when you say " driving it harder from the soundcard" do you mean "turning up the system volume (or speaker volume?" Since the boom box that I keep in the kitchen has a considerable amount of volume (more than that little ole clock radio I keep in the bathroom) I can make it work! But if I'm in the bathroom and am using that clock radio to listen to while I'm in the shower, sometimes it's harder to hear it (and the volume control on the clock radio is as loud as it can go!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:09 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Are you using the volume control on the side of the transmitter; as
opposed to just driving it harder from the sound card? Mine seems to
have less volume, also, but it has been tollerable.


Howard

On 2/24/2019 9:38 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hello list: I have one of those transmitters that came from C-Crane running
through my computer in order that I may listen to something that is on my
computer in another room. Here of late, I have found that I can't quite get
the volume that I feel I should get (this is not to be confused with signal)
it still will transmit the signal all throughout the house just as it used
to; the problem is, if I try and get it to where the volume is of the same
level as any other radio station, I have distortion (makes the s's sound
like they might sound if you have an AM" station tuned slightly
off-frequency! Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? It's
to the point where.let's say I'm listening while I am taking a show (I have
a little clock radio in there that I sometimes will listen to) but while I'm
in the shower, I have to have that radio turned up all the way (this didn't
used to be and I don't understand what has happened; why it is that the
transmitter is not allowing me to give it the volume it needs! Now this
transmitter is one I got in 2004, so maybe it is simply that it is "wearing
out" anyhow if someone knows of what the problem may be, please feel free to
put it out here? Am running a Dell computer and I think the soundcard is a
Realtech, if this info is of any help!

Thanks for whatever info you may have!

Tom Kaufman

















Re: ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

Steve Jacobson
 

Dane,

That seems like quite a strong signal for that distance. The other observation I have is that you seem to have a fairly low interference environment, not noticeable digital noise. I have a lot of trouble here with digital noise from various source, not the least of which is our furnace. Also, light dimmers give me a problem even though the one I bought a while back was supposed to be designed to minimize interference.

How does Australia regulate the effective Radiated Power of radio? Are certain frequencies reserved for 50KW, for example?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:49 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

This isn’t at all bad given that Waggin is 2100 miles away from me. The 558KHZ frequency is swamped by around 10 other stations nation wide and I had to carefully locate the CC 2E so as to avoid interference from stronger signals 150 miles away. Anyway see what you think.
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fmixi40va845bjmx%2FABC%2520Radio%2520Waggin%2520on%2520CC%25202E.mp3%3Fdl%3D0&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C7b07806354264fb8cc0808d69c12bc7f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636868001612718953&amp;sdata=LMYrdFzOE0rtMehYqxskEVxOe%2BgwGiGdAJCi0jFImJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0


ABC Radio Waggin on CC 2E radio

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

This isn’t at all bad given that Waggin is 2100 miles away from me. The 558KHZ frequency is swamped by around 10 other stations nation wide and I had to carefully locate the CC 2E so as to avoid interference from stronger signals 150 miles away. Anyway see what you think.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mixi40va845bjmx/ABC%20Radio%20Waggin%20on%20CC%202E.mp3?dl=0


Re: CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Howard Traxler <howard@...>
 

Tom, I don't know about the volume control on the keyboard.  I've never seen that.  However, I suspect that that control actually operates the software volume control in the system.


Howard

On 2/25/2019 8:46 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Howard: I first thought this may be achieved by adjusting the speaker volume that is on the keyboard of my computer! Now if I understand you correctly, this is not the case...correct? Also, just so I understood you correctly, you're saying I need to turn the volume of the transmitter up all the way...then adjust the output of the soundcard? OOr do I have that backwards?
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 8:48 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Any sound card I've ever used is controlled via software. In windows xp
it was in programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control. Windows 7
and later, I think things are a bit different but they're still in
there. Just set the system volume up until just before it distorts on
your radio.


Someone who knows more than I about that transmitter, may be able to
point you to a deviation adjustment if there is one.


Howard



On 2/25/2019 7:03 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hello Howard: I'll see if I can do that! Thanks for the tip! You might want to give me some pointers as to how to adjust the output on the soundcard (running Windows 7 if that helps!"
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 7:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Yes Tom, you're doing it the way I would. With the control on the
transmitter all the way up, set your sound card output just a bit less
than distortion. That's probably all you can do. I don't know if there
is an adjustment in the transmitter for deviation. If so, that might be
the next thing to try.


Howard

On 2/24/2019 11:11 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Yes...using the volume control on the side of the transmitter. Now when you say " driving it harder from the soundcard" do you mean "turning up the system volume (or speaker volume?" Since the boom box that I keep in the kitchen has a considerable amount of volume (more than that little ole clock radio I keep in the bathroom) I can make it work! But if I'm in the bathroom and am using that clock radio to listen to while I'm in the shower, sometimes it's harder to hear it (and the volume control on the clock radio is as loud as it can go!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:09 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Are you using the volume control on the side of the transmitter; as
opposed to just driving it harder from the sound card? Mine seems to
have less volume, also, but it has been tollerable.


Howard

On 2/24/2019 9:38 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hello list: I have one of those transmitters that came from C-Crane running
through my computer in order that I may listen to something that is on my
computer in another room. Here of late, I have found that I can't quite get
the volume that I feel I should get (this is not to be confused with signal)
it still will transmit the signal all throughout the house just as it used
to; the problem is, if I try and get it to where the volume is of the same
level as any other radio station, I have distortion (makes the s's sound
like they might sound if you have an AM" station tuned slightly
off-frequency! Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? It's
to the point where.let's say I'm listening while I am taking a show (I have
a little clock radio in there that I sometimes will listen to) but while I'm
in the shower, I have to have that radio turned up all the way (this didn't
used to be and I don't understand what has happened; why it is that the
transmitter is not allowing me to give it the volume it needs! Now this
transmitter is one I got in 2004, so maybe it is simply that it is "wearing
out" anyhow if someone knows of what the problem may be, please feel free to
put it out here? Am running a Dell computer and I think the soundcard is a
Realtech, if this info is of any help!

Thanks for whatever info you may have!

Tom Kaufman
















Re: New In Stock Talking Multimeter

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Sorry to hear that.
If I do get some time then I’ll do a demo of the bluetooth unit I have with my Android phone.

On 26 Feb 2019, at 11:02 pm, frank cuta <cuta@...> wrote:

Dane,

Looks like it does not speak the range that is selected. Since I rarely
take mine off of DC volts its not much of a concern. I will probably
record a pen friend label listing all of the other ranges in order but I
don't expect to use them much except for perhaps capacitance and resistance.


Frank



-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:37 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] New In Stock Talking Multimeter


I beg the pardon of the list and don't know what I was thinking of when I
wrote that eMail.
Now for the interesting question.
On just examining the web page again I'm curious to know why a note has bee
added suggesting that this item is not suitable for Visually Impaired users?


-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Olesen
Sent: Saturday, 23 February 2019 4:43 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] New In Stock Talking Multimeter

Hi Dane,
You didn't look good enough my friend.
It's only $ 40. Grin

Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Dane Trethowan
Sendt: 22. februar 2019 18:26
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: Re: [all-audio] New In Stock Talking Multimeter

Hi there and sorry for the late reply.
I've had a look at this meter and my own personal view is that $400 is one
hell of a lot to spend on something like this.
I bought a Bluetooth Multi Meter from an Australian supplier called Jaycar
Electronics and this does me well enough.
I use my Android phone along with the downloadable App which does a number
of things.
Firstly you can double-tap on the screen to have a voice readout or set this
to automatic mode, the App uses Google TTS Engine or whatever you have set
as a default TTS engine.
Second the App creates a log which you can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive
so you can keep track of the measurements you're making or add notes if
required.
The cost of this meter was $130 Australian.
A quick search on Amazon reveals quite a few Bluetooth Multi Meter tools
which may be useful or in fact be the same as the one I'm discussing here so
its up to the buyer I guess to do some testing and to return the unit if it
can't be used.
Thanks Frank for passing this information on to the list.


-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of frank cuta
Sent: Wednesday, 20 February 2019 7:14 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] New In Stock Talking Multimeter

I can't review this because I just learned about it but at $40 I am
certainly going to byte.
Frank

Subject: New In Stock Talking Multimeter



https://www.mpja.com/Talking-Digital-Multimeter/productinfo/35042+ME

Talking Digital Multi meter 35042 TE




Stock No: 35042 ME

Order directly from here or call

1-800-652-6733
There is a video you can listen to on this page.


Talking, High tech. 10 function, Backlit, 3-1/2" digit hand held meter with
1" LCD display.
True RMS/Average Measurement Selection
Includes 9V battery, test leads, instructions Fuse Overload protection.
CE listed; IEC 1010 Cat III-1000V Compliant
NOTES:
1: To Turn OFF Voice; Press and Hold (~3sec.) "TRUE/AVG" Button
2: To Read Frequency: Select 750VAC Range- Press"HOLD/SELECT"
3: To Turn on Backlight: Press & Hold (~3sec.) "HOLD/SELECT" Button
Backlight will turn off after ~10seconds
4: Meter is Auto Off will turn off after ~20min SPECIFICATIONS DC VOLTS &
CURRENT
Volts: .2,2,20,200,1000V
Accuracy: .5% + 3 Counts on 200mV-200V
.8% + 10 Counts 1000VDC
Current: 20uA, 2mA, 20mA, 200mA,10A
Accuracy: .8% + 10 Counts on 20ua & 2mA 2% + 30 Counts on 20mA-10A AC VOLTS
(RMS/AVG) Frequency Response: Sine/Triangle: 40Hz-1KHz Other Waveform:
40Hz-200Hz
Volts: .2,2,20,200,750V
Accuracy: .8% + 5 Counts on .2-200V
1.2% +10Counts on 750V
Current: 20mA, 200mA, 10A
Accuracy: 2% + 30 Counts
RESISTANCE
Ranges: 200,2K,20K,200K,2M,20M Ohms
Accuracy: .8% + 5 Counts on 200 ohm
.8% + 3 Counts on 2K-2M
1% + 25 Counts on 20M
CAPACITANCE
Ranges: 20nF, 200nF, 2uF, 20uF, 200uF, 2mF, 20mF
Accuracy: 3.5% + 20 Counts on 20nF-20uF
5% + 10 Counts on 200uF-20mf
OTHER FUNCTIONS
Frequency: (Select 750VAC Range- Press"Hold/Select" Button Diode Test:
~3-4VDC open circuit
hFE: ~1mA test current
NCV: "Near Field AC" Beep Rate High for near/Low for far
L: 7-1/4" W: 3-1/2 T: 1-7/8" WT: 1.2




















-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4793/15883 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.