Date   

Re: Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>
 

On 11/12/2019 7:20 PM, John Covici wrote:
B and W p7 or maybe its 9 by now.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:38:32 -0500,
Kenny wrote:
Hello,


Getting my list ready for Black Friday.


I'm looking to purchase a good pair of 5.0 high-resolution
Bluetooth headphones for getting the most out of my collection of
Lossless .FLAC Jazz collection.


Don't care about price. Just want a pair of headphones that
literally place me in audio heaven when I set them on my ears,
and listen to Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Count Basie and
Grover Washington Jr. through them.


Any recommendations?




Re: Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

John Covici
 

B and W p7 or maybe its 9 by now.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:38:32 -0500,
Kenny wrote:

Hello,


Getting my list ready for Black Friday.


I'm looking to purchase a good pair of 5.0 high-resolution
Bluetooth headphones for getting the most out of my collection of
Lossless .FLAC Jazz collection.


Don't care about price. Just want a pair of headphones that
literally place me in audio heaven when I set them on my ears,
and listen to Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Count Basie and
Grover Washington Jr. through them.


Any recommendations?



--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com


Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>
 

Hello,


Getting my list ready for Black Friday.


I'm looking to purchase a good pair of 5.0 high-resolution Bluetooth headphones for getting the most out of my collection of Lossless .FLAC Jazz collection.


Don't care about price. Just want a pair of headphones that literally place me in audio heaven when I set them on my ears, and listen to Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Count Basie and Grover Washington Jr. through them.


Any recommendations?


Re: Midi in GarageBand or Logic?

John Dowling
 

To delete a note, just press the backspace key.
I'm not sure how to add notes. If you want, I can get you in contact with Andre Lewis.

On Nov 11, 2019, at 4:37 PM, Jesse Tregarthen <jessetregarthen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any VoiceOver-related tutorials or instructions anywhere about how to move or delete or add midi notes in the piano roll editors of GarageBand or Logic Pro? I've figured out how to raise or lower the pitch of a note with option up and down arrows but was wondering about the rest of it? Or should I abandon this venture and just do it in Reaper? Best,
Jesse



Re: Midi in GarageBand or Logic?

Anders Holmberg
 

Hi!
I would do a google search for logic pro + voiceover.
When i did that i found some mailinglist about Logic.
Since there are people out there using logic and Midi i guess you can do it.
/A

11 nov. 2019 kl. 22:37 skrev Jesse Tregarthen <jessetregarthen@gmail.com>:

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any VoiceOver-related tutorials or instructions anywhere about how to move or delete or add midi notes in the piano roll editors of GarageBand or Logic Pro? I've figured out how to raise or lower the pitch of a note with option up and down arrows but was wondering about the rest of it? Or should I abandon this venture and just do it in Reaper? Best,
Jesse



Midi in GarageBand or Logic?

Jesse Tregarthen
 

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any VoiceOver-related tutorials or instructions anywhere about how to move or delete or add midi notes in the piano roll editors of GarageBand or Logic Pro? I've figured out how to raise or lower the pitch of a note with option up and down arrows but was wondering about the rest of it? Or should I abandon this venture and just do it in Reaper? Best,
Jesse


Re: Music Production with Pro Tools and/or Cubase

Steve Matzura
 

Sorry, no such luck with Pro Tools. Cubase, I don't know.

On 11/5/2019 11:40 AM, Danny Miles wrote:
Hi. Apologies if discussions around this subject have previously
taken place on here...They've gone straight out of my memory.

I'm just wondering whether Cubase and/or Pro Tools are accessible and
able to run on Windows 7. I currently have Jaws version 14.0, but I'm
aware that NVDA might be a feasible alternative once I've learned it.

Many thanks in advance for any advice/guidance received.

Take care, Danny


Music Production with Pro Tools and/or Cubase

Danny Miles
 

Hi. Apologies if discussions around this subject have previously
taken place on here...They've gone straight out of my memory.

I'm just wondering whether Cubase and/or Pro Tools are accessible and
able to run on Windows 7. I currently have Jaws version 14.0, but I'm
aware that NVDA might be a feasible alternative once I've learned it.

Many thanks in advance for any advice/guidance received.

Take care, Danny


sorry, auto complete

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>
 

Sorry Sorry, auto completed that one and sent last message to wrong
address.

Merv


Casting Crowns voice Of Truth Ultimate Collection

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>
 

This one is new.



https://www.sendspace.com/file/ixqnio



1. If We Are The Body

2. Only Jesus

3. Praise You In This Storm

4. Just Be Held

5. Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)

6. Lifesong

7. Oh My Soul

8. Who Am I

9. Until The Whole World Hears

10. One Step Away

11. East To West

12. Broken Together

13. Courageous

14. Thrive

15. God of All My Days

16. Voice of Truth


Re: A couple of gold wave questions

JM Casey
 

Hi.

I believe this increment moved (not just by the arrows, but by the marker
movement keystrokes for start and end marker) are controlled by your zoom
ratio. You'll have to experiment with the different zoom levels and see
which one suits you best. I have mine set to a very short increment and it's
been that way for ages, so I've just left it there, as "zoom" largely
effects what is displayed visually, which is not something I'm terribly
concerned about. As well as adjusting from the view menu, you can control
the zoom level with shift +a number. I am not 100% sure but I think there
are something like six different zoom levels available from this method,
ranging from about a second to an hour.

Play 1, 2 and 3 do whatever you wwant them to. This is what the adjustments
in the options for these buttons are for. You can have one set to play a
selection; another set to play an entire file. Or one to play a selection;
the other to play what is *not* selected. Or one to play a selection looped
until you hit stop. It's quite flexible.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via
Groups.Io
Sent: November 2, 2019 12:33 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] A couple of gold wave questions

Hi. I'm using Gold wave v6.41 and JAWS 2020. I have lengthy MP3 files of
lectures I'm trying to edit. I'm able to set beginning and end markers with
the [ and ] keys and then delete portions I want to delete. However, when I
press the right and left arrows to move through the cuts, I skip ahead or
back at least five minutes, which is way too long a time. I'd like to set
the time Gold wave skips ahead or back when I'm going through a lecture to,
say, one minute. How do I do this? Changing the fields for play 1, 2 and 3
in the play menu don't seem to have any effect. Thanks!



Also, what do play 1, play 2 and play3 do, anyway?

Thanks. John


Re: A couple of gold wave questions

dennis
 

press alt plus 1 2 3 or 4. this shorten's the skip time. play with it to see which one works best for your need.

On 11/1/2019 11:33 PM, JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io wrote:


Hi. I'm using Gold wave v6.41 and JAWS 2020. I have lengthy MP3 files of
lectures I'm trying to edit. I'm able to set beginning and end markers
with
the [ and ] keys and then delete portions I want to delete. However,
when I
press the right and left arrows to move through the cuts, I skip
ahead or
back at least five minutes, which is way too long a time. I'd
like to set
the time Gold wave skips ahead or back when I'm going through
a lecture to,
say, one minute. How do I do this? Changing the fields for
play 1, 2 and 3
in the play menu don't seem to have any effect. Thanks!


Also, what do play 1, play 2 and play3 do, anyway?

Thanks. John




--
Dennis Cornelison

( https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon ) Virus-free. www.avast.com ( https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link )

( #DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2 )


A couple of gold wave questions

JOHN RIEHL
 

Hi. I'm using Gold wave v6.41 and JAWS 2020. I have lengthy MP3 files of
lectures I'm trying to edit. I'm able to set beginning and end markers with
the [ and ] keys and then delete portions I want to delete. However, when I
press the right and left arrows to move through the cuts, I skip ahead or
back at least five minutes, which is way too long a time. I'd like to set
the time Gold wave skips ahead or back when I'm going through a lecture to,
say, one minute. How do I do this? Changing the fields for play 1, 2 and 3
in the play menu don't seem to have any effect. Thanks!



Also, what do play 1, play 2 and play3 do, anyway?

Thanks. John


Re: Entering Serial Numbers into Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Firstly “Google Is My Friend” <smile>.
I tried these instructions with both Sound Forge Audio Studio and Pro versions.
Copying from eMail I found to be an absolute pain and there’s a far better way given that I found copying and pasting doesn’t work anyway and good luck to anyone who gets it working as it makes the whole damn job so much easier.
Each user of Sound Forge has their own page where you can log in and view product details such as Serial numbers etc as well as download the latest build for that product.
If you login and go to the products link you will see your products along with their corresponding serial numbers.
Use the cursor to move through the serial number digit-by digit and use alt-cal to toggle between the open Web Page and Sound Forge where you can enter the serial number.
Repeat toggling between Apps and typing in the characters until the entry of the serial number is complete.
JAWS 2019 and above has a nice feature where a phonetic representation of the letter under the cursor is spoken if you pause cursor movement for 5 seconds and this also helps at these times when you’re entering strings of characters one at a time and you wish to be sure you’re entering the right character.

On 3 Nov 2019, at 3:16 am, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@outlook.com> wrote:

Dane,

I struggled through this with Sound Forge Pro and your instructions would have been very useful. Thank you for providing them. My experience is with Sound Forge Pro so there could be differences. I was able to paste in the serial number as I recall, so it is possible that pasting it in works sometimes. Who knows what the variable is. If one is copying the serial number from an email, one needs to be sure that JAWS copied it correctly because that can be an issue if using Outlook or if one is interacting with an email through a browser. In those cases, I copy text into NotePad first so I can be sure of what I have. I find I sometimes need to refresh the screen before a "copy" works right. This is not to say that you are wrong, maybe pasting doesn't always work. One also may need to be sure not to copy a line ending along with the serial number.

Also, although it may not be necessary, I found the JAWS Touch Cursor to be of some value. This is all not relevant, though, if one follows your instructions and everything works. I'm frankly not sure exactly what they are doing to some of these screens, and there are issues with other screen readers as well so it isn't only JAWS.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:32 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Entering Serial Numbers into Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro

Hi,

I've just had to do this on a reset Windows system.

I know some list members were asking how the process of entering
registration for Sound Forge Audio Studio and Pro works so follow the below
and see how you get on.

You need to enter both a serial number and a balid eMail address.

Launch Sound Forge and the welcome screen appears.

Tab to the Activate With Serial Number button and press enter

At this point the cursor will be placed on the Serial Number field even
though the Screen Reader will not announce this.

You cannot it seems paste the serial number here so you are going to have to
type digit-by-digit including the dashes manually.

When the serial number has been entered press the enter key and then enter
the eMail associated with the Sound Forge serial number.

When the Email has been typed press the enter key and registration should be
complete.

Sound Forge will exit and - in my case - caused JAWS to hang.

Don't bother trying to use the JAWS Scan Cursor to navigate the screen when
entering the registration information unless you want to confuse yourself to
death.

Hope this helps.









Re: Entering Serial Numbers into Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro

Steve Jacobson
 

Dane,

I struggled through this with Sound Forge Pro and your instructions would have been very useful. Thank you for providing them. My experience is with Sound Forge Pro so there could be differences. I was able to paste in the serial number as I recall, so it is possible that pasting it in works sometimes. Who knows what the variable is. If one is copying the serial number from an email, one needs to be sure that JAWS copied it correctly because that can be an issue if using Outlook or if one is interacting with an email through a browser. In those cases, I copy text into NotePad first so I can be sure of what I have. I find I sometimes need to refresh the screen before a "copy" works right. This is not to say that you are wrong, maybe pasting doesn't always work. One also may need to be sure not to copy a line ending along with the serial number.

Also, although it may not be necessary, I found the JAWS Touch Cursor to be of some value. This is all not relevant, though, if one follows your instructions and everything works. I'm frankly not sure exactly what they are doing to some of these screens, and there are issues with other screen readers as well so it isn't only JAWS.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 10:32 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] Entering Serial Numbers into Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro

Hi,

I've just had to do this on a reset Windows system.

I know some list members were asking how the process of entering
registration for Sound Forge Audio Studio and Pro works so follow the below
and see how you get on.

You need to enter both a serial number and a balid eMail address.

Launch Sound Forge and the welcome screen appears.

Tab to the Activate With Serial Number button and press enter

At this point the cursor will be placed on the Serial Number field even
though the Screen Reader will not announce this.

You cannot it seems paste the serial number here so you are going to have to
type digit-by-digit including the dashes manually.

When the serial number has been entered press the enter key and then enter
the eMail associated with the Sound Forge serial number.

When the Email has been typed press the enter key and registration should be
complete.

Sound Forge will exit and - in my case - caused JAWS to hang.

Don't bother trying to use the JAWS Scan Cursor to navigate the screen when
entering the registration information unless you want to confuse yourself to
death.

Hope this helps.


Entering Serial Numbers into Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Hi,

I've just had to do this on a reset Windows system.

I know some list members were asking how the process of entering
registration for Sound Forge Audio Studio and Pro works so follow the below
and see how you get on.

You need to enter both a serial number and a balid eMail address.

Launch Sound Forge and the welcome screen appears.

Tab to the Activate With Serial Number button and press enter

At this point the cursor will be placed on the Serial Number field even
though the Screen Reader will not announce this.

You cannot it seems paste the serial number here so you are going to have to
type digit-by-digit including the dashes manually.

When the serial number has been entered press the enter key and then enter
the eMail associated with the Sound Forge serial number.

When the Email has been typed press the enter key and registration should be
complete.

Sound Forge will exit and - in my case - caused JAWS to hang.

Don't bother trying to use the JAWS Scan Cursor to navigate the screen when
entering the registration information unless you want to confuse yourself to
death.

Hope this helps.


The Take Control Of Audio Hijack book

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>
 

Hi,
I know there are many of you who use the excellent Audio Hijack Application on your Mac for all sorts of things, whether the task be a basic recording task or whether the task be a complex one that involves broadcasting to the world.
I was very glad to see that a Take Control book for Audio Hijack is now available and I therefore bought my own copy which I will examine shortly.
I have various Take Control books here on all sorts of subjects to do with Mac OS, associated Apps, IOS etc and all are well written and extremely useful whether you want to have a damn good read or need a little help quickly for reference.
To find out more go to https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/takecontrol.php





**********
“Those with a positive frame of mind will leave the halfwits of this world behind”
**********


Re: HDMI sound Bar and a Computer?

Hamit Campos
 

Hell to the yeah it'll work. Now note that when listening to an internet streem for instance as there is no vid unless you've changed some of the monitor settings in the sleep stuff for the computer after a while it'll go to sleep. No biggy just hit any key. But let your friend know this because it'll just happen and they'll be taken a back cause they'll think something muted. But na dude it's all good. Infact since my Onkyo TX SR 373 5.1 surround sound AVR is in the living room I take out my lap top to listen to stuff I ripped with DVD Audio Extractor. But yes you're all good. Another thing just to note you'll have to set it as defalt. So depending on how picky their note book is they'll have to remember to set the built in speakers back to defalt to get audio after desconnecting the HDMI.

On 10/29/2019 9:38 PM, Merv Keck wrote:
Hi,

I have a good speaker system on my laptop. However, I know someone who does
not. I have a Yamaha YAS106 sound bar which I used for a couple of years on
an HDTV but no longer use. This was the last model that did not have a touch
screen before they replaced it with the YAS 107 or YAZ107. I might have the
YAS and YAZ mixed up in my head now. anyway this sound bar has HDMI and
optical on it. And I was wondering since the laptop in question has HDMI
could a sound bar be connected to the computer and work for a speaker system
that way or does there need to be video involved through the HDMI on the
laptop as well?

Merv




HDMI sound Bar and a Computer?

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>
 

Hi,

I have a good speaker system on my laptop. However, I know someone who does
not. I have a Yamaha YAS106 sound bar which I used for a couple of years on
an HDTV but no longer use. This was the last model that did not have a touch
screen before they replaced it with the YAS 107 or YAZ107. I might have the
YAS and YAZ mixed up in my head now. anyway this sound bar has HDMI and
optical on it. And I was wondering since the laptop in question has HDMI
could a sound bar be connected to the computer and work for a speaker system
that way or does there need to be video involved through the HDMI on the
laptop as well?

Merv


Imtoo Audio Converter Pro

Georgina Joyce
 

Hello All,

I want to rip high res audio and use flac. A web link pointed me to ImToo Audio Converter. However, my Mac tells me that the certificate is out of date. So has anyone installed this app? Is it accessible? Or is there another way to rip CD’s to Flac on Mac OS X?

Thanks,
Gena

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Loc: IO83PS
73

1041 - 1060 of 3979