From: Humberto Rodriguez
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 5:10 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking for Audio Editor Simpler Than GoldWave

Hello all,

I am a little confused and admittedly I have not read this thread from the beginning, but by merge I understand putting a sound on top of another, in the case of Voice Over by ducking the underlying sound, otherwise not, but by joining I understand putting one sound after another, even in a chain of different sounds, each in its own file.

If the latter, it is very easy to do from the command line without any loss of quality. Suppose you have the folder c:\ebook1\ and in it you have many files, named 01.mp3, 02.mp3 and so on ad infinitum. In that case:

Windows-R opens the Run menu
Cmd and Enter, then type:
Copy /b c:\book1\*.mp3 c:\book1.mp3

There you will have all the MP3 files of the book joined into a single file without loss of quality.

The /b switch will make it a binary copy.

HTH,

Humberto