From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 4:18 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking for Audio Editor Simpler Than GoldWave

Foobar does merging? That's a new one on me.

MP3Mate's strong suit is that when merging files, it does not re-encode
them.

On 12/4/2017 11:10 AM, Evan Reese wrote:
Thanks Steve, I was using Foobar, (if that's how it's spelled), to merge files, then I discovered that GoldWave would do it and more easily than I was able to do it with Foobar.
I don't think I'll bother getting another program just to merge files if I can do it easily with GoldWave without having to buy it.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 9:01 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io

If you're looking for a merge-split program, MP3Mate is a good choice.

On 12/3/2017 5:57 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Thanks Steve,
That's pretty much it, although I guess I should have added that I also need to merge files once per month. I don't really need anything else to do that though because I do use GoldWave for that and it's very easy.

Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2017 4:47 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

If that's so, then yes, MP3DC is a perfect fit. I guess I got stuck on
the word "editor".

On 12/2/2017 3:14 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
I respectfully must disagree; MP3 direct Cut is a good program! Certainly
it may be that Goldwave can do more things, but if I understood the original
post correctly, he wants to cut things from files and adjust volume (MP3
does what is required here and you've gotta love the price!