Re: Recorders

Aidan

I would've gottin the ls100 if I did not own the ls14. But Yes, the
zoom h1n is really quieter than the h1 and its very usable for
example, to switch the limiter its just one button press toggle, and
for overdub you just press record and play together. I will probibly
like the eltrinex if its performing better than the e-10 regarding
radio and such, but yes when it comes to peure recording tasks than
rather olympus or zoom for the money. I will be scaired though for the
multi trac options except for the ls100, because in such case you
cannot just set menus and forget, what about your tracks and the
constant changes you make their? I cannot phone be my eyes or neighber
every few seconds for that.

On 21/06/2018, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@internode.on.net> wrote:
Fair point. That’s where the Olympus LS-100 comes into its own as it has
physical phantom power switches for the XLR inputs.

On 21 Jun 2018, at 1:23 pm, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah turning off and on Phantum maybe 1 thing. Cause if you don't need it
or if you wana use a mike that doesn't take it Neal always always warns to
shut it off. Love his tone of extreamly dangerous he uses when he does
too.

On 6/20/2018 9:47 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
That's just the point.
You can set things to a default state and not worry about them.
Who cares if you're making recordings at a higher bit rate than needed.
At least the recording will be good so the only thing you really have to
worry about is having enough memory for that recording.
Memory is dirt cheap these days so this won't be a problem.
As for recording in MP3 mode? That's something I very rarely do but if I
want MP3 from my Zoom H6 then I just transfer the files I've recorded
over to the PC and have the PC sort all that out.
I've taken enough notes on the menu system for my Zoom H6 that I can get
around the system and make those changes I need to make but in the main I
don't need to touch anything there.