Re: Enjoy The Dove

Aidan

I agree, I love most of there recorders, and I stil enjoy the dm7 as
well. The only thing I don't like about ls14, is that the mikes is not
as crisp as the ls100 or zoom stuff, but yes its very quiet. Its also
the only recorder that have the ability to split files while recording
in real time. And yes to overdub is so easy on both ls14 and p4.

On 19/06/2018, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@internode.on.net> wrote:
Yes you can set the format bit rate and sampling rate.
Incredibly easy to set up out of the box, insert the battery, turn the
machine on and follow the prompts.

On 20 Jun 2018, at 1:28 am, Matthew Chao <mattchao@verizon.net> wrote:

Will the P4 tell you which file format you're recording in? May consider
buying this unit. How easy is it to set up by a blind person out of the
box? Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

On 6/19/2018 10:17 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
No it can’t read the memory and systemin information.
Yes if Olympus put their mind to it then this function could be
incorporated into later firmware and perhaps it will be but not now.
There’s one problem with the reading of the time and date setting that
Olympus should address, in 12-hour mode no indication is given of AM or
PM time so to work around this you toggle the LS-P4 to 24 hour mode.
On 20 Jun 2018, at 12:11 am, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:

So dain tell me, we no it now speak date and time when set, but does
it perhaps now read the memory and system info or they stil quiet?

On 16/06/2018, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@internode.on.net> wrote:
The Doves nest wasn't all that far from where I was standing, just
round
the
corner of my house.
I used the "Auto" level setting of the Olympus LS-P4 which - in my view
-
is
one of the best "Auto" level setups I've ever used as the recorder has
"Look Ahead" function for want of a better description to check what
the
level is.
I used the internal microphones of the recorder and the recording as
you
heard it is what I originally recorded including original filename and
format.
For what it is the Olympus LS-P4 is a pure gem.