Re: More Audio/Video: VLC

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Ok.
Try searching for it using Windows search. How do you usually open VLC? You
say you can't find the preferences, so I assume you are opening VLC somehow,
and that it's definitely installed. If you have a desktop or start menu
shortcut, it's an easy matter to find the path to the actual program. I just
tried this method and got the path location.
Hit windows key: search box opens
Type "vlc" (without quotes of course)
"VLC media player" is the first thing to populate the search box.
Hit applications key on this item (shift f10 should work too)
Go to "open file location"
The path opens in file explorer.

Sorry it's confusing, but with Windows there are always a number of ways to
perform the same task. Once you get used to it, this is a very good thing.

To get to VLC preferences, within the program, you would type ctrl-p, and
navigate to where it says "set file associations" or somesuch. However as I
said to you, I don't think this screen is very accessible, and you should do
this within Windows anyway and not from within VLC. The option is there
though, just as in Winamp. However you might also find, depending on your
computer's setup, that when you make changes in the Winamp screen, they
don't necessarily stick. I don't know why winamp took over your video media
association from VLC, but it should not be a complex matter to change it.

You didn't reply to my message about skype. Are you a JAWS user? How about
JAWS tandem. I think I could literally set this up for you in five seconds,
but explaining it via e-mail does not seem to be working so well.