Re: Intel Nuc

is there a website that I can look at so I can get a idea of what comes on the board

this all most sounds like a rasburry pie
Hank

On 5/21/2018 12:31 AM, Aman Singer wrote:
Hi,

It all depends what you want. You can pay $10 and you can pay $200 or more, depending on what's on the board, what accessories you want, etc. Note, also that many of the routers that support openwrt/wede will also work in similar ways to single board computers and can sometimes be cheaper than equivalent single board units.
HTH,
Aman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of The Wolf
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 12:23 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Intel Nuc

how much is the single bored ones normally?
On 5/20/2018 8:09 PM, Aman Singer wrote:
Hi,

The machines aren't ends in themselves, remember. I like the single board machines because they're so easy to destroy and rebuild, they're like virtual machines in that way. I also like them because they're so easy to move and so cheap. Therefore, anything you want to do with them is going to be quick and easy to recover from if you make a mistake. They're a more or less safe way to experiment with different things. They're also useful for tightly integrated single tasks without wasting power, as Dane and others here have said. I, for example, use one as a NAS, one as a VPN server,, etc. BTW, to comment on your VPN idea, I would use something like Algo VPN to get a connection into the UK if you want that sort of thing. You can have your VPN in the cloud and destroy it when you're done with it.
The NUC units are nice, particularly for those of us who can't see, because they're basically an entire office in your pocket. You don't need to move a screen, therefore, you can pick up your machine and go wherever you want to or put your machine wherever you want to.
Finally, they are, or can be, just fun. I, for example, don't watch videos or listen to much audio. Instead of doing that, I play around learning a little bit about different software and hardware. Consider it another type of Netflix binging.
Having said all that, there is no duty to have lots of computers. They exist for us, we don't exist for them, if you find that one machine meets your needs, that's even better than having a ton of machines around. It can certainly cost less.
Aman