Re: Looking for Audio Editor Simpler Than GoldWave

Christopher Wright

GoldWave is worth the financial investment.

As an experienced user, I don't find it difficult.

Write me off-list if a chat via Skype, Zoom, or phone would be helpful. I use GoldWave to edit audio for clients.

On 12/1/2017 12:54 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hey Guys,
Can anyone recommend an audio editor that’s simpler than GoldWave? I got the free version here, and I just can’t figure out much of it.
I got a list of keyboard commands, but when I try them, they don’t do what the list says they’re supposed to do. Apparently, I have to be in the Green Play Area, or is it the Yellow Play Area, or whatever. It’s just too complicated.
Pretty much all I want to do is change volume, and select a portion of a file and be able to delete it. I may find another function or two I might want, but really, this is too much. Besides, the free version limits you to 200 commands, which it seems I can use up pretty fast arrowing around in a file trying to find the place I want to edit out.
Oh, and I suppose it should go without saying that it should be accessible with JAWS or Window Eyes.
Thanks much for any advice.
Evan

--

Christopher Wright - helping podcasters, trainers, and speakers produce and publish great spoken word audio without spending hours on editing
Work Phone: 914-297-7449[ [If I don't respond within thirty seconds, you can leave a voicemail. If you would like to speak with me, please request an appointment]