Re: Issues Recording with USB Soundcard

Hamit Campos

So what kinda card is this? Is this 1 of them pro ones qith XLRs and what not? Cause some do let you and this is key mix your PC audio in but most don't even do this. Yeah sounds like you want something like What You hear. But Pro cards which are given that fancy turm audio interface don't have this. Only things like the Sound Blasters or the built in Realtech card if you're lucky.

On 4/19/2018 8:23 AM, Danny Miles wrote:
Hi everyone. I hope you're doing well.

I'm trying to re-connect my USB soundcard (Behringer UCA-222) to my
laptop and the Alto Professional ZMX52 audio interface. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the soundcard drivers (successfully,
according to the notification) and I've wired my inputs and outputs to
the correct places on both the mixer and soundcard. I know I've got
the right ones because I'm getting content playing into my headphones
(plugged into the mixer) via the soundcard, both from the laptop and
from my digital radio. I've also managed to record from my laptop's
soundcard and then play it through the mixer but, for a reason that I
can't possibly fathom, I'm completely unable to record a signal
through the mixer (such as a station from my digital radio). The
software is recording, as there's dead air in my headphones and a file
duration is displayed, so I'm at a complete loss as to what might be
causing the issue. The only thing I can think of is the soundcard
drivers but they're obviously working to some extent ... I may even
have got a temporary sound recording out of them but, if so, it
stopped working as soon as it started which leads me to assume that
things aren't as they should be with the installation (after all, when
I re-installed the drivers and re-booted the laptop, everything
continued to feed out of the laptop's soundcard rather than reverting
to the USB soundcard and coming out of the mixer).

Apologies for the long, rambling and probably confusing post ... any
advice will be gratefully received.