From: "John Covici" <covici@...>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2022 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Goldwave and Issues with Start Marker, I think!

Is your window maximized, check that as well.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2022 19:33:42 -0400,
dennis wrote:

make sure follow playback control l is checked in the view menue.

On 9/11/2022 5:08 PM, Darran Ross wrote:
Hi List.

Out of nowhere, my version of Goldwave has started acting
erratically so far as the start marker is concerned. I'm hoping
someone on this list will have a fix, because after a week and
more of trying to track this problem down, I'm left defeated!

When I finish a recording, my first action is to always hit
control a to get the total length of that file. Control a as
all GW users will know, is the keystroke to move the start
marker to the beginning of the file, and the end marker to the
finish.

And here's my problem. Control A no longer seems to do this. I
can finish a recording and no matter the length, the time is
always reported as 0.00, I have to move the start marker to the
end of the file and then control A will give me the correct
reading.

Other things have coincided with this behaviour, dropping a
marker is no longer resulting in the time stamp being announce,
I just hear start or finish.

This is really effecting my ability to edit, especially as many
of the keystrokes are deeply imbedded in muscle memory. The
constant having to slow down and make these awkward adjustments
to get accurate file lengths etc is proving to be really
frustrating!

Does this sound like an issue anyone can offer up a solution
for? I've run up against a brick wall and really don't know
what to try next. I can only think that I've made some kind of
alteration to GW, but for the life of me I can't figure out
what I may have done.

Any advice will be very gratefully received.

Darran

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

__________ ESET Internet Security __________

This email was scanned, no threats were found.

Detection engine version: 25912 (20220912)

https://www.eset.com