Problems Trying To Convert A File

Tom Kaufman

Hello List: I have downloaded and installed Switch to my Windows 10
computer. Up to this point (when I was running Windows 7) never had a
problem! Now that I've gone to a different machine (a Windows 10 machine)
nothing but problems (two problems to be more specific) first, when I try to
convert the file in question from4A to MP3, I am presented with a message
that says The folder C:\users\tom\music is "read only." Please specify
write in write in able folder (or that's what it's sounded like it was
saying) how do I make this stupid Windows 10 machine understand that this
definitely a music file? I have tried changing the folder from "read" to
whatever the hell it wants.to know avail! To add to my frustration, I am
also deluged with a "security message, telling me that an unauthorized
action has been blocked! Now I know Switch to be a good file converter!
But I need to know (and soon) how to get around these problems! I know we
have some good audio people on here and am hoping that some of you will come
forward and tell me in language that I can understand what it is I need to
do! The file plays (it definitely is a music file) so what gives?