Recording via Bluetooth

Danny Miles

Hi there. I hope everyone's well.

For a long time I've recorded content from my iPhone 5S (not calls,
but notes read by VoiceOver, attachments from emails, etc.) using my
Olympus DM-670 and a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm jack lead. Unfortunately, my
faithful smartphone has now given up the ghost, and trials with
headphone adapters attached to my iPhone SE 2020 and various
iPods/iPads have all featured a great deal of hissing behind the audio
output. I presume this is because newer models require more power to
run (seeing as they're effectively computers these days) and/or that
the lightning to 3.5 mm adaptor creates interference between the two
devices.

This leads me to assume that the only way to record material from my
iPhone SE 2020 or another modern model would be to connect such a
device to a digital recorder via bluetooth. I've come across plenty
of bluetooth recorders that are designed for phone call recording, but
does anyone know of a bluetooth digital recorder which is
simple/accessible for a totally blind user that can create
good-quality recordings (no background feedback, noise picked up from
elsewhere in the room where the devices are located, etc.)?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Cheers - Take care, Danny