USB Soundblaster recomendation

Andy

Hi all.

I have a Dell tower with a poor sound card in it. JAWS sounds sluggish on this computer so I was thinking of buying a Creative labs external USB sound card.

I've had many of these, over the years and the sound quality is usually much better than standard internal cards within both Dell and HP. computers.

Wen I go to the Creative Labs webpage I immediately become confused amongst the types and models available.

I remember my old USB card. It was oval shaped and had a large volume switch right on top of the top panel.

I cannot remember it's model name but the sound was very good..

Does anyone know the model I'm talking about, or, can recommend a particular model that will enhance the quality of the music I'm listening to. I don't really mess about . within the options or settings and usually record what I'm hearing through the card with either Total Recorder or Goldwave.

Any advice very much appriciated.

very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

P.S Done any recording over the last 2 years guys. I've done nothing so going to dump all batteries within my recorders.
wishes.