Re: Getting the realtek audio driver for my pc:

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

I am on my Mac currently. But can't you select the Microsoft driver in device manager and select the previous driver? Sorry, can't access my windows machine to check exact phrase. You usually access the menu by the applications key or Shift + F10.

Regards,

On 10 Oct 2021, at 16:55, Don Breda <don.breda@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello listers,

During a windows 10 update MicroSoft replaced my realtek audio driver with one of its own.

Now I get crackling in the audio when jaws nvda or narrator speaks.

I have tried in vain to find the proper realtek audio driver for this HP Z220 CMT Workstation
pc running windows 10 pro 64 bit.

An old piece of junk computer I admit but would like to put back the proper realtek drivers.

I even downloaded the hp support assistant which I thought would helpp but even thogh its much more accesible now then it used to be it is to dumb to figure out that a microsoft audio driver is installed for the onboard realtek device.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Georgina