Hello Andy,

Well they are up and running and selling online as far as I can tell. I think I am going to try the Roland set.

Regards,

On 22 Apr 2021, at 00:09, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Gena.

If you are plugging the BSM 9's into a wee Olympus DS50, you don't need to do that. I made a fantastic podcast doing just this. I'll be lucky if I can improve that quality on my Zoom F8 and I really honestly believe
that.

Gena.My podcast was a walk about around our small farm on a cold and sunny February morning. These mikes are Binaural and the sound was as crisp as the icey puddles under my feet. However, I was advised by a member within BCT to get the item you are talking about. 4 little screws to lift off the bottom and there is a PP9 in there, but I though it had something to do with the gain or more power to the Attinuation or something like that. The box had a short cable leading to a mini jack socket and the other wire coming from the plug led to a mini jack plug. It seemed to give my recordings a bit more body or base or simply more power. I've still got the box but one of the wind screens from the mics was dropped and lost. So I'm going to buy a new pair from the USA as soon as the shops open over there.

I just want to try the same arrangement out on both my Zooms. But those take XLR's so I need this adapter. It will be as simple as reducing a large jack to a mini jack for my headphones into my amp.
If it works, perhaps I'll add another set for the back of my neck! I've always wondered that that would sound like, walking down a busy main road with all the shops, people and cars, buses etc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena@gena-j.me.uk>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Plug converter

Hello Andy,

I recall us discussing this before. Don't you need to feed them 1.5V?

Could you remind me of the website for the microphones. Wasn't that American company going out of business?

Thanks,

On 21 Apr 2021, at 08:14, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina