Hello Stewart,

All electrical circuits make a noise and this is true for microphones. The Rode NT1A is said to be the quietest mic on the market. It is outside the human hearing range. So anything recorded with it is not contaminated by the noise floor.

Regards,

On 22 Apr 2021, at 09:57, stewartross via groups.io <stewartross=sky.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi geana
i use this site gear 4 music all the time there a good site.
re the rode mic,
i got it from amazon
its a rode NT1-A
it comes with a pop shield,
a mic cable,
and a shockmount.
did u have to amplify the mic to make it work.
from stewart
----- Original Message ----- From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena@gena-j.me.uk>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Plug converter

Hello Andy,

Just looking for some. I see that I can get these from the UK. Do you think they are the same as the BSM09? These do terminate in 2 3.5 jacks do the BSMs?

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Roland-CS-10EM-Binaural-Microphones-Earphones/DLV?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd1-4A-s9C5ESD73lqLXLanxX2gvYYbsPMF1j-njlQ506pbgLQaDgshoC_MwQAvD_BwE

Gena
On 21 Apr 2021, at 21:11, Georgina Joyce <gena@gena-j.me.uk> wrote:

Hello Andy,

I recall us discussing this before. Don't you need to feed them 1.5V?

Could you remind me of the website for the microphones. Wasn't that American company going out of business?

Thanks,

On 21 Apr 2021, at 08:14, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternetcom@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

I love my BSM 9 Binaural microphones but now I'd like to use them on my H6 and F8n to fully realise the potential and quality of these amazing mic's.

But I need to buy a converter from Mini plug to XLR.

I cannot search for "converter from Mini plug to XLR " in Google so I need either the converters name or model number to search for a sourse of purchase, perhaps on Amazon.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.

Georgina