Re: Sound enhancements in Windows 10?

Anders Holmberg

Hi!
Maybe this only work with newer audio devices.
So maybe the hardware is to old even though its from 2018.
/A

20 apr. 2021 kl. 20:31 skrev JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com>:

Hello everyone.

I'm running Windows 10 20H2. I have onboard audio on this desktop, listed as
Realtek high Definition Audio, so I assume that's what it is - the
corresponding drivers are also installed - they're the latest ones I could
find from both cnet and realtek.com, dated back to 2018 I believe.

Now, I keep reading about these sound enhancements available in windows 10,
ranging from "room correction", to "bass boost", "virtaul surround" and even
an equalizer. I'm especially interested in getting a fairly low level (as in
at the operating system/soundcard level) equalizer to work, as I'm not
convinced that the one in winamp is that great, and the VLC one is a pain in
the butt to use, and besides, I listen to a lot of stuff on youtube
nowadays.

But, under "sound, realtek and speakers: realtek" properties, sound
enhancements, I only have one option listed - "loudness equalization". Sound
effects are enabled. So I'm wondering - where are all those other options I
keep hearing about? Why don't I have them? Are they just not available to
realtek users? I've done some google searches and came up with a lot of
people complaining about their sound enhancements tab missing altogether,
but that's not what's happening - I have the tab, there's just only that
single "loudness equalization" box to check and that's it. To me that's a
useless feature. I want the other ones. :P

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Or am I just out of luck?