Re: An Installlation Query

Steve Jacobson

Andrea,

I am writing the kind of message I hate and I am sorry about that. I do not know the answer to your question for certain but the versions seem to be pretty self-contained. Our situations are common enough that I would hope there would be a prompt not to remove common files if there are any.

If you have created any customized settings that you use over again, you may need to save them. I have some Wave Hammer compression settings I like and have to export and import them.

One reason I don't have a better answer to your question is that I have had enough trouble with Sound Forge versions that I have not wanted to get rid of any. However, I now have versions 11, 12, 13, and 14 so I need to follow your example. I would appreciate hearing what your experience is, but if you are real reluctant, I am willing to try removing a version and let you know what I encounter.

I did not buy Sound Forge 15 with the pre-release price, but I can get an upgrade price until March 14. I would be very interested to here if you think it is worth it. Sound Forge 14 came out in late summer as I recall, and even the discounted upgrade is substantial. Although I find that each version seems to retain what was accessible, it continues to add more that is not. I am seriously considering switching to something else given my usage. It is not an easy decision, though, as I have been using it since version 6. There are relatively few of us using Sound Forge so I would really appreciate any thoughts you might have on the subject. Also, I am willing to try uninstalling my oldest version and let you know what happens in exchange for thoughts on your Sound Forge experiences.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrea Sherry
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 10:19 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: [all-audio] An Installlation Query

I have just installed Soundforge 15.

This installation did not remove my previous version of Soundforge i.e.
Version 14.

Can I remove V14 without destroying V15?

Cheers

Andrea

Join all-audio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.