Olympus LS-p4 Recorder

I have been trying to get hold of the Olympus LS-14 recorder but sadly the model has been discontinued so the Australian supplier offered me a swap of machines in my order, the Olympus LS-P4.

The P4 look a rather nice machine but I did note two features of interest that others may wish to comment on.

Firstly the LS-P4 supports Bluetooth and I'm wondering in what way.

For example does it support Bluetooth audio in or out or does it support Bluetooth control via an App on your IOS or Android phone? I guess I'll find out in time.

The other thing worth noting is that the LS-P4 can record in FLAC as well as Wave and MP3 formats.

I did wonder how long it would be before we'd see a portable recorder handling the FLAC format and this can only be great news.

The P4 also has voice guidance.

--

"A dog is a good thing to have around a house and so is a fence"