Re: computer to stereo

Laz

Here are some Bluetooth transmitters/receivers with more than 30 feet of range:

With our Bluetooth items you get instructions from a blind perspective
emailed to you!

For those wishing to get Bluetooth capability on players like the
Victor Stream, Bookport, etc, or those wishing to use Bluetooth with
your stereo, PC, etc, any device with a headphone or Line-in/Line-out
jack, you can get one of our below two transmitters/receivers, the
portable one or the Home version. Both have dual pairing and offer
true aptX Low Latency.

Back instock! Portable Miccus Swivel Jack RTX Bluetooth
transmitter/receiver for just $49.99! Perfect for making your Victor
Stream or any other device with a headphone jack, able to connect to
your Bluetooth headphones or speaker! Connect it to your computer's
USB port and have it come through your Bluetooth headset or speaker!
The receiver side speaks everything from power on through power off!
It boasts a range of 100 Feet and much more...
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Miccus-Swivel-Jack-RTX-Bluetooth-TransmitterReceiver_p_18.html

Miccus Home RTX 2.0 is the home version not designed for portable use.
It can transmit up to 160 feet or more in direct line of sight!
Available right now $5 off for just $54.99!
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-20-Long-Range-Bluetooth-TransmitterReceiver-_p_120.html

Stay well,

Laz

On 9/1/20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
We'd have to see if his stereo is 30 feet away. Though most blutooth
things clame 30 feet I never have much luck with that.

On 9/1/2020 5:53 PM, Jesse Tregarthen wrote:
Hello,

Would this distance be too far for a reliable bluetooth signal to travel?
I know you can get bluetooth transmitters. I think TPLink makes one. You
could connect that to the stereo and connect via bluetooth to the
computer. The chrome cast audio is also a good suggestion as noted in the
last message as well as an echo dot. Amazon also makes a dedicated device
for this called the echo input which I haven't tried but have heard good
things about. Hope this helps. Best,
Jesse

Sent from Planet Apple

On Sep 1, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

´╗┐Hello Steve,

I believe they have stopped making them but I am sure you would be able
to get one from somewhere. I am talking about the Google Chrome Audio
Cast. It is a little run disk shaped unit with a 3.5mm socket. Which you
can plug into your amplifier. For the money they are excellent sound
quality. A great way to stream audio.

I am not sure but an Echo Dot linked to your amplifier would also work if
you paired via bluetooth your computer. Sound quality not as good as the
audio cast but very reasonable.. You could probably ask the echo to play
your favourite radio station. So no computer needed.

Regards,

On 30 Aug 2020, at 22:58, Steve Gomes <finnygomes@q.com> wrote:

I have all of my music as mp3 files on the computer. The computer is
upstairs and the stereo is downstairs in a town house. For about four
years
I used an audio engine w3 wireless to send the music down to the stereo.
It
would cut out once in a while it wasn't too bad but lately it cut out
so
many times that I couldn't stand it and took it out. Then I took an old
computer moved it downstairs put the music on it and used a cable from
the
sound card to the stereo. It works fine. This old computer cannot have
access to the internet. Also I like to listen to accuradio. So I can
only
listen to my collection. That's okay. When I get a new computer, I will
put
my current one down there and hook it to the stereo and wirelessly have
it
connect to the modem upstairs. The computer has a little antenna on it
so I
think I can use wi-fi to get the internet that way. I wish I could use
just
one computer and send the music downstairs but I don't think that is
possible. The town houses are attached and everybody has wi-fi and
wireless
everything which interfered with the audio engine. All of this stuff is
on
the 2.4 gigahertz band. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could send
the
music downstairs without interference? We can't use a long cable. No
longer
than ten feet. Also I use winamp 566 to play the music. Is there
another
program that you think works better? I have about 18 gigs of it. thank
you
very much

Georgina

Allstar: 52178