Re: computer to stereo

Jesse Tregarthen

Hello,

Would this distance be too far for a reliable bluetooth signal to travel? I know you can get bluetooth transmitters. I think TPLink makes one. You could connect that to the stereo and connect via bluetooth to the computer. The chrome cast audio is also a good suggestion as noted in the last message as well as an echo dot. Amazon also makes a dedicated device for this called the echo input which I haven't tried but have heard good things about. Hope this helps. Best,
Jesse

Sent from Planet Apple

On Sep 1, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

´╗┐Hello Steve,

I believe they have stopped making them but I am sure you would be able to get one from somewhere. I am talking about the Google Chrome Audio Cast. It is a little run disk shaped unit with a 3.5mm socket. Which you can plug into your amplifier. For the money they are excellent sound quality. A great way to stream audio.

I am not sure but an Echo Dot linked to your amplifier would also work if you paired via bluetooth your computer. Sound quality not as good as the audio cast but very reasonable.. You could probably ask the echo to play your favourite radio station. So no computer needed.

Regards,

On 30 Aug 2020, at 22:58, Steve Gomes <finnygomes@q.com> wrote:

I have all of my music as mp3 files on the computer. The computer is
upstairs and the stereo is downstairs in a town house. For about four years
I used an audio engine w3 wireless to send the music down to the stereo. It
would cut out once in a while it wasn't too bad but lately it cut out so
many times that I couldn't stand it and took it out. Then I took an old
computer moved it downstairs put the music on it and used a cable from the
sound card to the stereo. It works fine. This old computer cannot have
access to the internet. Also I like to listen to accuradio. So I can only
listen to my collection. That's okay. When I get a new computer, I will put
my current one down there and hook it to the stereo and wirelessly have it
connect to the modem upstairs. The computer has a little antenna on it so I
think I can use wi-fi to get the internet that way. I wish I could use just
one computer and send the music downstairs but I don't think that is
possible. The town houses are attached and everybody has wi-fi and wireless
everything which interfered with the audio engine. All of this stuff is on
the 2.4 gigahertz band. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could send the
music downstairs without interference? We can't use a long cable. No longer
than ten feet. Also I use winamp 566 to play the music. Is there another
program that you think works better? I have about 18 gigs of it. thank you
very much

Georgina

Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS