Re: Zoom H6 Recorder, adjusting the levels accurately

Andy

Hi Dane.

I meant to comment on this thread earlier but it's only now that I'm going through my list of messages.

It's far too early for me to comment regarding the F8n. For believe it or not, I have not had a single opportunity to use the device since buying it over a year ago.

However, I've loads of experience using the Zoom H6.

I'm total, so need to use headphones, or ask a friend to look at the display.

So my friend comes over to my table briefly at the start of a performance.

I normall ask permission from the artists, so I also ask them to play a particulary loud track just after, they have sorted out their own balances.

So I turn the gain full on.

I ask my friend to look at the meeters through the orange, then the red to somewhere around minus 10 or 12.

Plus I can also monitor the quality via the headphones.

This is by far the easier option anyway as people really like helping blind folks. Not sure that the same could be said regarding the death community. I also noticed once my friend has stopedme turning down the gain, you'll see that you are only a few clicks from full gain, so you don't really need to ask a friend, just turn the gain full on then draw it back and listen to what you are doing with the headphones. You'll probably find that your recording is very close to the target.

Very best wishes.

Andy.
Very best wishes.

Andy.