Re: A Few Recordings with my Parabolic System

Hamit Campos

Ah you also hav Neal's old podcasts if you saved them. Particular ones I recommend are Neal's Zoom H4N review, Neal's LS-100 review and well of course the review of the 744-T itself. But with the H4N podcast and Olympus LS-100 podcasts he uses the Rode NT1-A mic. Bro that mic's epic. As for the F6 controlls I'm just saying what Curtis said. So I guess you are the second person now to back this up. Again I'd have to get my big brother Roger to take me to B&H Photo Video to get a feel of the thing. Man I wish someone else near Danbury CT or in Danbury CT had 1 to feel it up and stuff before buying it. As for menus meh I just ask Abby to set them. Same for the nobs just do to the fact that I would like them balanced so I have her put them on 5 or 5 and a half. Sometimes 6. I don't know if the F nobs are numbered but for those of you with the H6 if you do have a sighted spouce neighbor or if you can use Aira remember the nobs on the H6 and perhaps even the H5 1s for those that have that remember they are numbered 1 threw 10. Then there are between points too.

On 8/27/2020 5:30 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
I still have my trusty Zoom H6 recorder, I did plan on ridding myself of it but now? Well to be honest I'm keeping it for the convenience factor, just connect your devices, turn on the recorder and record.
Yes, setting the dials takes a few seconds but at least that can be done.
You're right about the controls on the Zoom F6, they can be a bit difficult to manage if you have big fingers and I don't like the way the mixer controls are laid out, no arrows or any way to mark the position where they're set but still the F6 is a damn nice recorder despite the drawbacks of the control panel and even though the recorder lacks some of the connectivity options available on my H6 and F8N recorders.
As for Sound Devic es recorders? I haven't been fortunate enough to use one of those so I take the words from someone who has, that being Kertis Judd in the reviews he's posted on Youtube who says, "If you have a Zoom Recorder, you're happy with the recorder and you're thinking of upgrading to a Sound Devices recorder then don't bother. If you have a Sound Devices recorder, you're happy with it thus far and you're thinking of upgrading to a Zoom recorder then don't bother" <smile>.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Friday, 28 August 2020 7:15 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] A Few Recordings with my Parabolic System

Ah bro I would go for the F8N had I the dough. Yes I'm hearing a lot of nay saying about the F6 mainly menus and Curtis Jud being the only 1 for the next thing buttons and nobs being too mashed together. Dain Jarry you guys conferm. I don't know how big Curtis is hands wise compaired to me so I'd take his word for the nob thing as I've not felt up the F6 even. Actually Andy Neal did go for the F4. This came out either with or before the origenal F8. I'm not sure of the history. I was asking on here if I should jump on it. There are reasons why I want the F6 but over all I just want that almost Sound-Devices sound quality. Ah I too need to replace my PC tower. So can't jump on the F6 and depending on recommendations were it not for this I could also have jumped on Neal's
F4 instead. Anyways I digress. I'm glad you're better and always ready to help as I too have the 8022. I have a table stand for mine. Just don't know what brand it is. But yeah there's lots of nay saying about the F6. Everyone agrees on the PCM 192 KHZ sample rate 32 bits floating point bit depth though. That being the key for most of the ones buying it. Including myself. But also I want it for the size and the fact that onlike with the H6 you could pontencially be hands free but for the 8022 because you apparently you can clip it to your belt. Jarry do you have an H6? I think Dain did. How does the F6 compair in size to it? It must some how be some what smaller if you can hook it to your belt. But yes Andy I'm surprised Neal didn't go for the F8N.

On 8/27/2020 3:34 AM, Andy via groups.io wrote:
Hi again Hamit.

Sorry I've not been in touch recently, but with the lock down and my
poor health, things were looking pretty grim for a while.

So I've bounced back.

Hamit, I'm not getting any opportunities for recording, either indoors
or outdoors as a consequents of all these closures.

Just to remind you I've a pair of at 8022's for that Stereo spread you
were referring to, a few months ago. Still need a pir of good
table-top stands to hold them.

I'm hoping to use this configuration on both my h6 and f8n.

As they require Phantom power, I need to travel into glasgow to buy an
external power adaptor along with a couple of "Erose" adaptors, so I
can power both machines. I think I need to get this set up for 12 to
18 amps.

But I'm hoping to get some help with setting everything up from my
Sound Engineer friend who works at BBC Radio Scotland at Pacific Quay.
These microphones are for recording Local pub bands, choirs as well as
small travelling opera groups.

Regarding the at 2022, Now that's completely different. Absolutely
no Phantom needed at all. This is more or less a Binaural system for
recording podcasts of walk about's in Glasgow, recording street
buskers or most definitely bird calls.

It's taking me a while to get to this level of planning and it's
looking very likely that I'll probably not be in a position to record
a band, quire or podcast till after Christmas.

I'm just happy to continue buying all the equipment necessary. I've
also got 2 new computers so I'm having a good old clean out for winter.

Yes Hamit I'd love to hear my 2 configurations on a few recorders.
Sure the F6 must figure. But you know, I do't know how I feel about
this recorder now. I'm only hearing very negative comments concerning
them. Nothing like that what we heard which came along with the
Zoom H6 or Zoom F8n.

I really wish that both you and Neal would have gone for the Zoom F8n.

God! With neal doing his usual podcast introducing the device a long
with a tactile map and your superior understanding of how the menue
systems are laid out and navigating and making appropriate changes
within, then I'd be indeed, a happy rabbit. with all that support.

Very best wishes, Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos"
<hamitcampos@gmail.com>