From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@internode.on.net>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 12:40 PM
Subject: [all-audio] MacBook Pro 2019 16-inch

Hi.
I managed to purchase one of these brilliant machines though I will warn people before they start thinking about a 16-Inch MacBook Pro, you’ll need a lot of money in your piggy bank so it will take you a while to reach your goal but patience is indeed a virtu <smile>
I won’t go on about every thing this machine has to offer but I should make mention of the excellent quality of the machines internal speaker system which is without a doubt the best I’ve ever heard on a Notebook computer.
The speakers are either side of the keyboard, both facing up and with ports facing down so sound comes from 2 sides of the machine, from the top and the bottom.
If you are going to use one of these machines then I would seriously consider getting some sort of Thunderbolt dock to make life that little bit easier when connecting devices rather than carrying around a swag of USB-C to whatever adapters you may require.
I use a Caldigit TB3 Plus dock here which - along with a great collection of USB-A/C, and HDMI ports has a spattering of audio ports including 3.5MM audio in/out sockets along with a digital audio optical output which is damn useful.