A Few Recordings with my Parabolic System

Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...>

I have not yet made any practical use of all three mics at the same time,
but it's fun having the focused recording along with the stereo recording,
just in case I want it.

Here's a series of recordings of crows in my back yard, recorded with the F6
and Parabola stereo mics. I used Reaper to string the recordings together,
and they get successively louder toward the end, due to my inexperience with
Reaper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txqi2pa9vaf2axn/Crows%20in%20Malden%20MA.wav?dl=0

All of the rest were recorded on an Olympus LS14 and my parabolic system.
They were all recorded in Tennessee. I rarely get the chance to make
exciting recordings, because I live in a fairly urban area near Boston.

Here's a link to a recording I made early on a spring morning at Seven
Islands state park:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96d7pcdwiqak4rf/7islands.mp3?dl=0

Here's what sounds like a conversation between two Carolina wrens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc3uulof9l5z7rc/cwrenconversation.mp3?dl=0

And here is a mono recording from the parabola of a Chuck Will's Widow.
There's a lot of noise from a nearby stream, and I could not even hear the
bird with my naked ears. I just havppened to be slowly swinging the
parabola around while listening with headphones, and all of a sudden I heard
it and homed in on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chk3qem788q60cq/cww.mp3?dl=0

Jerry Berrier

508-735-4420