Re: Help Needed for Behringer Audio Mixer x1622 USB & Recording With Goldwave

Georgina Joyce

Hello Philip,

I guess you know far more than I. However, I will suggest. The microphone? Are you feeding it fantom if it is needed? Is it a nice quiet NB-7B? If it is one of those combo XLR / 1/4 jack sockets there may be a gain switch. You should be able to get it's manual online. The Behringer I had the manual was available.

Good luck,

Gena

On 24 Aug 2020, at 00:08, Philip Francis Anderson <pfa@...> wrote:

Thank you, Georgina. I know the button you are talking about. Yes, it's
depressed. Upon running a test, it is saying my microphone levels within
Goldwave are too low. However, even when I increase them to maximum,
playback still returns silence. This said, when I switch from USB Audio
Codek within GW's Device Tab to USB Codek Looped back Speakers, Goldwave
will allow me to record and playback sounds captured via my computer.

It is possible there's another button on the Behringer which I need to
activate, or another setting within GW I've overlooked.

Thing is, I'm knew to this particular brand of mixer. I use to own quite a
snazzy Alan Heath Mixer in the past, but the one I wanted and was familiar
with, was just a tad outside my current budget. Had I still been working in
radio, then I could have justified the £1,000 capital outlay. It just so
happened I managed to purchase this Behringer XENYX 12 channel X1622 USB for
under £200.00 brand new from Bax Music. Quite a bargain I thought, till this
problem with the microphone occurred. I'm sure I'll conquer the little beast
in time. Just a matter of patience.

Cordially
Philip
Philip Francis Anderson
Independence for life! Making a Difference, Making it Happen!
Winner of "Let's Do Enterprise North Staffordshire 2007.

"Laborate pro sapientia et salute" - Let us work for wisdom and health.

Contact:
Lan: 01782 970755
Mob: 07948 568191
E: pfa@...

Available for media interviews and after-dinner speeches.

Confidentiality:
The content of this email is intended for the recipient specified in this
message only and maybe legally privileged. It is strictly forbidden to share
any part of this message with any third party without the written consent of
the sender.
If you received this message in error, please reply to
pfa@... and follow with its deletion, so that I can
prevent a similar mistake from occurring in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Consider The Environment. Do not print this email and it's associated
content unless it is absolutely necessary.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. While every effort to safeguard this message from viruses has
been taken, no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.