From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Georgina Joyce
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:05 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Maybe for this group or if not...where

Hello,

I advised complaining not just because it is likely to be cheaper for you as the end user. But depending upon your contract. Such equipment is the property of those who provide you with the service. They are providing you with a substandard service and they are in breach of their contract with you.

By all means fit chokes yourself if it fixes it then fine. But remember if they call for some reason ensure you remove them otherwise you might be accused of causing the fault or damage to their property.

They are probably not bothered but just be mindful of such potential events. It is certainly worth taking issue with them. Arguing that when you disconnect the problem goes away. They cannot argue with that.

Good luck.

On 2 Aug 2020, at 01:48, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@outlook.com> wrote:

I am already all filtered up in terms of DSL. For one thing, to try to avoid this very problem, my DSL line is separated from my phone lines at the box outside the house, and the DSL line runs to my modem. However, to play it safe, I did put filters on the phone line to be extra careful. I suspect something strange is happening that I will find eventually, possibly a choke on the right device. Thanks.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson