From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Georgina Joyce
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:01 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Maybe for this group or if not...where

Hello,

Have you considered complaining and asking them to supply some filters?

Regards,

On 1 Aug 2020, at 18:04, Steve Jacobson <steve.jacobson@outlook.com> wrote:

Tom,

Agreed completely. I had a sudden increase perhaps a month ago in the interference I am getting on the AM band from my DSL service. The phone company must have changed something either with the phone lines outside or with the DSL settings. While I know there is always DSl interference along the wires carrying the DSL signal, it is also getting radiated from the AC lines as well. I can't figure out how it is getting into those circuits.

I have a tuner with one of those little square loops and I made a larger loop on a piece of cardboard and added a length of cable so I could move it around more. That really helped me escape some interference until this new DSL problem started. I still like to look for long distance AM reception especially during the winter evenings, and this interference really decreases my ability to do that.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson