Re: a couple of questions re at8022 and at4022

Georgina Joyce

Hello Andy,

Yes, they are indeed condenser mics so need power. Did you say you got new ones?

On 30 Jul 2020, at 10:32, Andy via groups.io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Hamit and all.

Just a couple of questions guys regarding the at 8022 and the at 4022.

I've taken Hamit's advice regarding his view that 2 at8022's placed apart in an x y form will give me a broader stereo field rather then 1 microphone.

I decided this because when recording my local 7 piece band the sound source is quite wide.

So I've a lovely new pair of these.

Now am I correct in thinking that these mics require Phantom power?

If so, dealing with the H6 first, I could allocate channels and 4 for these micks and turn Phantom power on?

In terms of channels 1 and 2, I turn Phantom power off completely as I'm intending to allocate these channels to my new at 2022, which should arrive next week

These will satisfy my Dawn Chorus birdcall recordings.

I need to set up the H6, not even going near the F8N until I've sorted out the H6.

Any advice would be very helpful.

As my sighted wife will be following your suggestions, it would be nice for an idiots guide because she has absolutely no interest in recording.

Hoping everyone is fine and looking after themselves.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

Georgina

Allstar: 52178