Re: tape deck

Christopher Wright

Could this be accomplished with an audio interface? If so, which one would you recommend? Also, which tape deck would you recommend?

On 6/15/2020 7:02 PM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
I would agree with the below.
as whilst yes there are tape machines with USB connections, from those I have seen, the actual decks do tend to be of rather poor quality.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "stewartross via groups.io" <stewartross=sky.com@groups.io>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [all-audio] tape deck

hi there if u want to transfer your tapes on to your pc
i would invest if u can in a good quality tape machine
that has controls for alining the play and record heads,
as different tapes r recorded with different head positions.
if your soundcard has a 3.5 jack socket,
then plug a mixer in to the line in socket,
and plug your tape machine in to one of your faiders,/line ins on the mixer.
hope this helps.
from stewart

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Wright" <chris@wright-media.com>