Re: Microphones for Zoom

Georgina Joyce

Hello Hamit,

What are we talking about now? Has Neil done a review of the Zoom F6? Or is that what he is in the process of doing?

Thanks,

On 28 May 2020, at 01:19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think so. He said on the RWP list that he got 1 and that he was playing aroun with it. Now as a side note to that there's a part of his website the articles part that is being re-done apparently. So maybe that too is playing into why he hasn't done 1 yet.

On 5/27/2020 3:57 PM, tim cumings wrote:
Has he done a review of the zoom f6?

On 5/27/2020 3:48 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Hamit,

Neil’s reviews are so professional and he is usually word perfect. So he probably edited the file.

Regards,

On 27 May 2020, at 18:53, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Na. Though I wander now that my nephew Jonathan knows how if perhaps we should build the next 1. I got that GPU because I wanted to make the Enspiron play Blu-Ray disks. But back to your point though Okay fair enough and you admited it on the file you didn't set the NT1 up in the best way. Perhaps the traffic was a bit off accice. But meh it wasn't bad or rather it wasn't so bad where you weren't able to give me the answer I wanted. I kind of did get what I wanted to know. This however is why I'd love to go to B&H Photo Video to try stuff out myself. Yes they have some of the stuff out in the open so you can look at it and I presume try it. They had the 44-T once. Now according to Curtis Jud kinda replaced by the new 833.I know you keep asking about the processing Neal did on the reviews. Fair question. I do know he does pump stuff up if need be or not if he wants to show how quiet something might turn out. I didn't think he'd do stuff like compressing limiting or anything to give the recording a studio touch if you will. As mostly he was showing the recorders to BCT listeners who may just want to record on the thing than upload to Larry's sifvr. Sure some including myself would perhaps use a DAW but there were lots that seemed not to.

On 5/27/2020 1:43 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Hamit,

I would not also count my attempt really. I just put the stuff there with no care or effort. I would hope I have learnt a little more now. It’s all good fun though.

So you build computers?

Regards,
On 27 May 2020, at 18:23, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah that's right you have the newer 1 too. Yes you do make a fair point. I've not heard the thing truely for my self. Only on Neal and well yes you on that demo you made for me of yours out side. What's more to be even more fair and honest the 744-T demos as they were on Blind Cool Tech were most likely 192 KBPS MP3. That on it's own scrwews with the recordings. I love oranges by the way. lol Na but on a serious note something like that did happen. I bought a Radeon HD 4650 GPU as far as I knew with HDMI. But what was it that came? Not what I ordered. lol Dell sent 1 without HDMI and oops too power hungry for the Enspiron 530S I was gona put it in.

On 5/27/2020 1:13 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Hamit,

I have the mic and know how it sounds with my voice. I am able to record and test if I wanted.

Now listening to demos of recorders are a different thing.

If you asked for an apple but I passed you an orange would you be happy?

regards,

On 27 May 2020, at 16:31, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah if you haven't you should hear the H6 demo on a real good speaker system. If someone can grab you the LS-100 demo this would be so epic as this was the latest demo where Neal showed the NT1-A on his $4000 Sound-Devices 744-T recorder. Pure gloriousness. Sounds like stuff from the center channal of a film.

On 5/27/2020 11:25 AM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Andy,

Hamit, seems to hold them in great esteem. I purchased mine from Amazon for £109. They are a cheap mic. In fact, the shock mount is probably the most expensive part of the package. Mine was called the speech pack. Which you get the mic, shock-mount and cable. It didn’t sound like that guy was selling it boxed and with the proper shock-mount. I thought it was a bit expensive.. Make sure it is the proper shock-mount as the mic has a strange base which would make a third party mount not function properly.

HTH

On 27 May 2020, at 16:03, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry can't help much as I'm not sure how much 75 brit pounds is in dolars. Well actually let me ask Siri. Ah 91 bucks. It's an XLR mike Andy. Dude take it. I would if I could contact the guy. I don't know why 91 bucks for a $300 mike. But take it it's practically a gift. Maybe he just wants to rid himself of it for what ever reason. But yeah I said $600 for a factory electronically matched stereo pare of them. Meh something to do with faze matching and geeky audio file stuff which we could go into if you are interested. Don't wana geek out on ya if geekyness ain't your thing. But yeah dude take it it's a gift. Now remember it's only 1 so it's mono, but I'm just saying take it because the person is practically giving it away. I'd buy it if it were me. But here's something else to be carefull of. How good is this NT1-A? Do you know the person? How long has he had it? If you know it to be in good working order than yeah dude grabb it. It's my favorite of Neal's mics.

On 5/27/2020 9:53 AM, Andy via groups.io <http://groups.io/> wrote:

Hi Hamit and Gena.

There is a guy over here in the UK selling a Road NT1 A microphone for £75.00

Is this the same microphone recently discussed on this list and if so, why so inexpensive?

Hamit suggested that a factory set, whatever that is, would cost him about £600.00

Also, is theNT1 a USB or an XLR microphone?

As I'd bee wanting it for both of my Zooms, USB is no good.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@gmail.com>