Re: Microphones for Zoom

Hamit Campos

Ah if you haven't you should hear the H6 demo on a real good speaker system. If someone can grab you the LS-100 demo this would be so epic as this was the latest demo where Neal showed the NT1-A on his $4000 Sound-Devices 744-T recorder. Pure gloriousness. Sounds like stuff from the center channal of a film.

On 5/27/2020 11:25 AM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Andy,

Hamit, seems to hold them in great esteem. I purchased mine from Amazon for £109. They are a cheap mic. In fact, the shock mount is probably the most expensive part of the package. Mine was called the speech pack. Which you get the mic, shock-mount and cable. It didn’t sound like that guy was selling it boxed and with the proper shock-mount. I thought it was a bit expensive.. Make sure it is the proper shock-mount as the mic has a strange base which would make a third party mount not function properly.

HTH

On 27 May 2020, at 16:03, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry can't help much as I'm not sure how much 75 brit pounds is in dolars. Well actually let me ask Siri. Ah 91 bucks. It's an XLR mike Andy. Dude take it. I would if I could contact the guy. I don't know why 91 bucks for a $300 mike. But take it it's practically a gift. Maybe he just wants to rid himself of it for what ever reason. But yeah I said $600 for a factory electronically matched stereo pare of them. Meh something to do with faze matching and geeky audio file stuff which we could go into if you are interested. Don't wana geek out on ya if geekyness ain't your thing. But yeah dude take it it's a gift. Now remember it's only 1 so it's mono, but I'm just saying take it because the person is practically giving it away. I'd buy it if it were me. But here's something else to be carefull of. How good is this NT1-A? Do you know the person? How long has he had it? If you know it to be in good working order than yeah dude grabb it. It's my favorite of Neal's mics.

On 5/27/2020 9:53 AM, Andy via groups.io <http://groups.io/> wrote:

Hi Hamit and Gena.

There is a guy over here in the UK selling a Road NT1 A microphone for £75.00

Is this the same microphone recently discussed on this list and if so, why so inexpensive?

Hamit suggested that a factory set, whatever that is, would cost him about £600.00

Also, is theNT1 a USB or an XLR microphone?

As I'd bee wanting it for both of my Zooms, USB is no good.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@gmail.com>