Re: Zoom marker function in firmware 2.30

Aidan

It seems to behave the same as on the h1n, wich I do have, and there
its much easyer to turn them on/off, but I don't like the fact that
they appear in the file. Yes, its fru the headphones only, but when
playback the file the beeps are in there. So you have to cut them out.

On 5/21/20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
Ah you found it Gena. So I was right then you have to set them then.
Where was it? I'll see if Abby can help me turn them on. Now you said
something about it's all over your recordings. Does it come over the
speaker as well then? Because again compairing with the F recorders on
those you get it in the headphone jack. Only over the headphones as I've
been lead to understand.

On 5/21/2020 3:37 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello All,

I can confirm that beeps do sound on record and stop with the 2.30
firmware installed, while wearing headphones.

After installing the firmware as Hamit suggested it is in the Recording
menu. The bottom of the list is Sound markers. When you enter that menu
there are strange options which didn’t make any sense to me initially.
Then I found in the mode menu option there are 3 options. Off which is the
default. Then Record and the bottom option Recorde and stop. They are
quite long loud beeps by default. But the menu has configurable options.

But is it useful to us? The stop only works when stopping a recording not
playback. As its function is to synchronise filming. The recording starts
with the loud bleep. So all recordings will need editing. So you can make
up your mind if it is of value to you.