Zoom marker function in firmware 2.30

Georgina Joyce

Hello All,

I can confirm that beeps do sound on record and stop with the 2.30 firmware installed, while wearing headphones.

After installing the firmware as Hamit suggested it is in the Recording menu. The bottom of the list is Sound markers. When you enter that menu there are strange options which didn’t make any sense to me initially. Then I found in the mode menu option there are 3 options. Off which is the default. Then Record and the bottom option Recorde and stop. They are quite long loud beeps by default. But the menu has configurable options.

But is it useful to us? The stop only works when stopping a recording not playback. As its function is to synchronise filming. The recording starts with the loud bleep. So all recordings will need editing. So you can make up your mind if it is of value to you.