Re: Overall accessibility of Zoom H6

Hamit Campos

Ah thanks for that. I haven’t checked the Zoom website in a wile. They must’ve written a new firmware at some point. When did you down load this? Well then for whom ever started this thread that’s 1 less worry my friend. Now we’ll know what the hell we’re doing with the thing. Lol! I’ll also have to give Zoom a congrats call. Yes I do that. I did when they did it with the F recorders.
I also said you’ve taken your first step. Like Olympus did. Hopefully you all can get to talking menus and settings at some point.

On May 18, 2020, at 12:56 PM, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:

It is werth noticing that you must update the h6 firmware
Then you will find that there are beeps for recording/stopping.

On Sat, 16 May 2020 at 15:10, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike. Well if you are like me and get totally lost without speach no
it ain't accessible but for arming and disarming and recording and
stopping. There are no beeps so if you pause your recording you'd better
remember you did to either re-start or not pause a recording by axident.
I've done just that. Now I don't wana sound like it's tottaly not usable
at all. I do have 1. It is unusable if you don't like to have headphones
on and again if menus not talking confuses you if you don't have someone
to read them. So tip 1 from me keep headphones handy. This way you can
hear the mics come on if you light them up. Or you can hear if you use
the XLRs weather they are stereo linked or not. I keep asking zoom to
please oh please at least have someone sit in a studio like Olympus did.
Because I think a speach synth would cost more no? Now the F6 is like
the older and at this point some of the cheeper Olympus recorders. It
does beep for starting pausing and stopping recordings, It beeps for low
batteries oh yeah and that's another thing no warning from the H6. It
just saves the file and dies. Yes obviously the screen shows the battery
but again these things don't speak. So in any event back to the F6 for a
second and the F8N for that matter. There's another beep for something
else that I can't remember right now but the point is that those at
least do those few beeps like the earlier before the DS recorders
Olympus. Now you can call the Aira people or use Be My Eyes. That's what
I've done. I also have my neice Abby help me too.

On 5/16/2020 8:24 AM, Mike Busboom wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been noticing a lot of discussion about the Zoom H6, so I know
that it can be used by blind people. Does anyone know of a podcast which
specifically discusses the level of accessibility of this unit. Does the
unit have voice guidance such as many Olympus recorders, or is there a
different approach to use from a blindness perspective?

With thanks in advance,

Mike