Re: olympus recorders

Aidan

Yes i love the ls100 and also wish i got it. I do have the ls14 though, and
its a very unique recorder because it have the ability to make use of both
standby recording and instant recording when using auto gain moad. It also
can split files when recording in wave in realtime dearing recording. I
also like it that it have a seprit line in jack.
One thing of the ls100 wich is great is that although the multi track
functions didn't speak, it is very possible to use them.

On Sun, 17 May 2020 at 02:29, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@gmail.com> wrote:

Whom is this distributor? I wander if they would know why Olympus got
rid of the 100. It was so epic! If only it had the smart mode of the
ls-14. Smrt mode by the way is this mode where you go into recording
stand buy. But the mics come on super low because they are listening for
something loud. So you then make the loudest noise you are going to
record and hit the recored button as you do this. The recorder now opens
the mics fully but at a level that should be propper for what you are
recording.

On 5/16/2020 2:23 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Thank you Hamit, for your thoughts. Talking with the Olympus
distributor, I got the impression that the 720 was just like the 520.
Any time I used the 520 for music, I either transferred the files to
my computer or just connected the 520 directly to my stereo. To my
old ears, it sounded as good as I could want.

On 5/16/2020 12:29 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
Ah hi Howard. Ah the good old trusty DM-520. I too had 1. I had the
420 before. Meh I don't know why Olympus made 2. They were basically
the same thing but the 520 did a few more things and the reason I
prefered it is that it did LPCM WAV. Of course only at CD or DVD
quality. But hay DVD is better then your usual Olympus stuff. The 720
like the P-4 takes 1 triple A and is small. The sound of the 720 and
the LS-p4 is too mini me for my liking. I'm sure 1 can get these
older recorders on Ebay. Hell I've even seen the DM-620 on Amazon.

On 5/16/2020 1:24 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I bought an Olympus DM-520 (I think was the number) about ten years
ago. It was a great tiny device and I used it to record everything.
Recently, the power slide switch has stopped working. It's a
mechanical switch with some sort of spring to make it return to a
center position. Contacting the Olympus distribution point, I found
that they no longer support that model and they suggest I purchase a
DM-720 as a replacement. After the covid thing goes away, I will
have a friend take a look at the switch. If he can't do anything
with it, I'll see if I can justify buying the newer model.

Howard

On 5/16/2020 11:38 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I am still in the market for a new recorder. I did look at zooms but
I'm needing menu accessibility with my recorder, I'm not really
needing an app or anything like that I am just looking for a
standalone recorder.

What are opinions on current Olympus recorders?

Thanks.
Dave.